When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vandal.tbh

What a PANtastic review!

How is the accuracy?

What's the +/- secs per day?

Thanks....

Well, I haven't tested it myself just yet. I will certainly test that soon and report back. However, the QC photos showed +4s/d when hooked up to the timegraph.

Right now I am checking the power reserve. I wound the watch on Sunday at 3:00PM on the mark. Right now it is 5:20PM two days later and it is still ticking away. So far that's more than 50 hours, which is way more than I expected out of it. I'll let you guys know what the final tally is, but right now I'm ecstatic with 50+ hours!

Edited by vandal.tbh

The rubber strap that came with it if you rub a bath tissue or kleenex against the area where it says Panerai does it leave anything on it?

Sorry for the late reply on this one, I must have missed it the first time.

I'm not sure whether you're asking if anything is left on the tissue or the strap, but the answer to both is no...

Sorry for the late reply on this one, I must have missed it the first time.

I'm not sure whether you're asking if anything is left on the tissue or the strap, but the answer to both is no...

thank you for the reply. I meant if anything stays on the strap. There are some crappy rubbers straps out there that if you do this experiment will leave the strap looking like *** and of course it will all dust that happens to be around it like a magnet. So I guess the strap that came with your watch is top quality. It looks like that too.

Well, Vandal.tbh, in ~10 days, I'll let ya know if mine smells vanilla.

I'm very interested in your +/- observations.

Another item of curiosity, to me; is the "Officine Panerai" engraved and painted on the mov't? Or painted only?

And, thank you for your informative posts along w/ great photos.

Another item of curiosity, to me; is the "Officine Panerai" engraved and painted on the mov't? Or painted only?

Someone else asked the same thing. I'm not 100% sure because it's so small and very difficult to see with the naked eye, and don't have a loupe. But my guess is that it's a decal and not engraved. But it looks very good, and looks as good as engraved (I'm not sure its not).

Also... Congrats on the purchase! I don't think you'll regret it, I know I don't!

Someone else asked the same thing. I'm not 100% sure because it's so small and very difficult to see with the naked eye, and don't have a loupe. But my guess is that it's a decal and not engraved. But it looks very good, and looks as good as engraved (I'm not sure its not).

Thanks Vandal.

Sent Andrew at TT this link so he could read how you liked your ticket and I'll follow up too. Brief, so as not to 'jack your thread Vandal. But I'll see what I can determine on that mov't scribble ;)

Unless it was +/- 0 sec, I asked Andrew for mine to be on plus. Machine showed +4

How's your watch performing?

Thanks...

A great review. I totally appreciate your comments on the B&R rubber strap, it does push the watch face upwards, even after 4 months of wearing. (I am on the hunt for a reasonably priced leather alternative).

I so love this watch but at the time off ordering unfortunatley Joshua did not have it available so i went for a 237 H factory clone. I will deffo add this quality piece to my shopping list for next month.

I love the display case back and quality of the movement.

Enjoy and wear it with pride :pimp:

Meant "ticker". Not "ticket".

TapaCrock not letting me edit for some reason.

Haha, I know, I like tapatalk but sometimes it drives me nuts. The watch is doing great. I got 57.5 hours power reserve out if it. I still haven't checked the timing on it. I'll do it tonight and let you know.

Here's a pic of the print I was wondering about being engraved or just printed.

Will let ya know when it lands, if I can discern.

Vandal, did you open your's up for that fingerprint?

Maybe you can check then?

How's that accuracy check going?

Is the AR blueish?

Why is the sky blue?

43b4783e-91cf-1725.jpg

Here's a pic of the print I was wondering about being engraved or just printed.

Will let ya know when it lands, if I can discern.

Vandal, did you open your's up for that fingerprint?

Maybe you can check then?

How's that accuracy check going?

Is the AR blueish?

Why is the sky blue?

43b4783e-91cf-1725.jpg

I just got the rodico today. i opened the back and cleaned of the prints which came off nicely (thanks for the suggestion Cougar). The print on the movement is a decal, but it is very high quality and very sharp and clean looking. I have no complaints.

The timing for the first day is +3s/d.

The AR has kind of a bluish/purple color when reflected against light. A couple of the photos show it very accurately.

The sky is blue because of the refraction of light of off nitrogen, oxygen and argon molecules and water vapor reflecting blue light frequency...I don't know, I'm just BS-ing.

Thanks Vandal. You're A-OK.

isn't that great?! +3s/24h and it's a rep. Too kewl for school.

My AR pic looks clear. But I ask, though there are pics as noted, as I only use an iPhone. Not a real quality monitor graphics system. Plus teeny. The specs indicate "colourless AR coating", so wondering.

I know'll in less than a week.

Will post accordingly on that and the accuracy of mine.

Thanks for the blue sky reply. Sorry for all the questions. Just anxious and living PAM177 vicariously through you.

Cheers Vandal, et al...

43b4783e-24bc-f800.jpg

Arrived today.

Looks huge on my wrist. Takes the skinniest adjustment hole on me.

I've never liked rubber straps. This I like. Goes well with this watch. Mine smells like vanilla too.

Though big on me, liking this watch MUCH more than I thought I would. Just looks better in real life than pics convey. Will see how it runs from an accuracy perspective before my final verdict.

Vandal, thank you. Will take more pics and post further, but, only if you don't mind. Wish to respect your thread.

43b4783e-eb8f-949b.jpg

Congrats! It's a beautiful watch. I'm wearing mine right now.

I don't mind at all if you (or anyone else) wants to posts pics. The more the better! When I am shopping around for a watch, I can't get enough reviews and photos. All the reviews, opinions, photos, suggestions, etc., are what I see as the power of this forum.

Post away!

• Like 1

Thanks Vandal.

This watch is the cat's pajamas to me right now.

Already showing a loss of a couple seconds on six hours. I may have messed up on the stall-hack when I set it to WWV. So, I've reset and will check it on the AM.

Even if my set/check was correct,

-8s/24h is ok...not the +4 in the QC pic. But, that's sitting on a bench.

Here's a pic if it with some of its' large classmates. Thought it'd put some perspective for those that wonder about it's relative mass. My wrist is about 6.75".

Also, I seem to have a smudge, as Vandal reported, inside. Beneath "OFFICINE PANERAI". Tough to see if you weren't looking for it.

Thanks to Vandal for his review that pushed me into the Panerai pool.

And a thank you out to Andrew at Trusty Time. He was extremely helpful in answering my many questions. And, getting a watch from across the pond in a week? Too cool for school.

Thanks to those two gentlemen, I am extremely pleased.

43b4783e-3c1f-4622.jpg

43b4783e-3c34-7036.jpg

You get used to its size really quickly and then you realize it is hard to wear anything smaller, at least for a while.

-8s/24h is not bad at all, you should be very happy. That accuracy will degrade with time since those movements are not serviced and oiled properly. If you decide that this piece is really a keeper you should have it serviced. My 6497 movement which is Swiss was serviced in 2005 and then in 2009. I got steady -3s/24h, after 3 years it's down to -9s/24h. 6497 accuracy degrades quicker then some other movements, for instance my Genuine Omega was +1s/24h for few years, degraded to +6s/24h within 7 years, now after 11 years with no service it's down to +30s/24h which mean I need to finally service it.

In general good thing about 6497 movements is that they are cheapest to service.

Edited by lfovco