When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Prob getting a PO. Can I get a gen dial with red 6/9/12?

Lovecraft

So, I'm thinking about getting a PO as well. Everyone else got one, why not me? :p

Right now I figure the best choices for my rather thin wrists would be the 42mm all black/white one:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=7063

or the black/white one with red numerals:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=7086

I figured I'd go with Andrew since I've ordered from him before and I've been more than happy with everything. As a matter of fact, I even found this forum through him. I researched rep watches by just using google and looking around, and finally I decided on Andrew and he had a link to this forum on his page.

I will probably want to go franken with it sooner or later. As far as I gather from the earlier threads on this forum, this is the best out of the box model. Is it still the model to get if I'm going to change dial and hands? Bezel? As for now though, I'm thinking of keeping the rep bezel if it looks okay. How is the out of the box AR on this model?

I like the one with red numerals slightly, slightly better. I was thinking of going with the all white/black rep since it's supposedly slightly more accurate, and then get the gen dial with red numerals. Thoughts? One problem though - all I could find at cousins UK was the all white/black one.

http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/4/166/450.aspx

So what should I look out for in the QC pictures? HE valve placement? Bezel pearl?

Thanks guys! :thumbs:

Yep Andrew is perfectly fine dealer.....Also either the black/white/white or black/white/red (first links) are both fine above, or the swiss eta clone versions of those if you want slightly cheaper. Go with what ever one you want really, both are fine reps, no difference in the quality of the reps except for the number colour, if you are going franken eventually it really doesn't matter either way.

Cousins have the red numbered one somewhere :) I'll try find it later based on case part...their search system is a mess...usual I have to go onto the Ofrei website to search for number parts and then go back and put them into cousins system.

Yep, look out for rep pearl, try get the most centred and flush to gen out of the box if you intend to keep it. I think the He valve think is back to normal again now after a slight blip a few months ago so no worries with that. The AR out of the box isn't bad, slightly too blue-ish and less 'transparent' AR effect than gen, but still not bad, it's similar in colour to the older 2006-2009 model PO from Omega which had bluer AR compared to later versions.

Right 42mm dial with red numbers is:

Case No: 168.1653 (It's the case No for the full orange 42mm PO)

Part No: 064WK3171011

CousinsUK ref: X24022

Just use cousins ref above....so much easier...why they make things so awkward to find I don't know but once you have the ref then you are sorted.

I've some bad news for you tho...the red numbered dial is £30 more expensive than the white numbered dial(Yes, silly, you'd think there was gold in them red numbers!).....that reminds me, I've another white numbered dial to order so much do so before they tack on the extra £30 to that :)

Edited by cougar1

Right 42mm dial with red numbers is:

Case No: 168.1653 (It's the case No for the full orange 42mm PO)

Part No: 064WK3171011

CousinsUK ref: X24022

948a38e3-bc19-426e-980b-0f18a270bf5c.jpg

Thanks! Really great! Yeah, I've never experienced a web shop even remotely as bad as cousins uk. Thanks a lot for getting me the ref number! Also thanks for the tips in the post above, I'm leaning towards the white numerals right now and I can decide what to get as a gen.

No prob, I was looking for one anyway, you are as bad as me, I'm putting a franken together for a friend so he definitely wants a white numbered dial, but for my own I still don't know, I prefer the white aswell but red would be more ...'exotic' :)

Edited by cougar1

Yeah, I agree. I haven't decided for sure either. I just ordered one, so waiting for QC pics now. :)

Speaking of parts - I can't imagine they have a crown for each and every model they make, do they? I was just wondering if it was possible to get a new crown for my 39mm Aqua Terra, even if they don't sell AT parts per say. Might be the same crown as another watch that they do sell parts to. Just don't know how to go about finding it out.

They would have a crown for a range of watches, so it would be interchangeable with other models in the range. So for instance smp crown would work with the smp range (of that generation and size) but not new ones etc. The aqua terra crowns would work on all models of that range and size, and railmasters etc. AT parts are hard to find now, you might find some parts on cousinsuk, not sure which though, last time I looked a few months ago all I could see was a black AT quartz dial on there. They might be able to get hold of a crown if asked though, it's not exactly an obscure part, and the railmasters were only discontinued very recently...as in a year ago.

Just got my QC pics, and rejected the watch right away. The pearl was way off. I did specify in the order and the mail correspondence that the pearl placement was the one single thing that needed to extra attention so I was a bit surprised to find it so very off center. Hopefully I will get a new set of QCs soon. Andrew has been nothing if not helpful, and I'm sure he can find a better bezel or watch for me.

Yeah Cousinsuk are a bit of a nightmare, sorry forgot about them not dealing with the 'public'.... they have responded to my emails before, but it was in regards to a big order so I would've pulled it had they not got back. I'm not sure if Omega even released AT parts for sale as they do with the PO. Why did you mention it...is the AT crown giving you trouble?

There's plenty here: http://www.ofrei.com/page_147.html

Only trouble is finding a correct fit :)

Regards the PO, yep you were right to reject it, I know many say it's too nitpicking but it's you that has to be happy at the end of the day, especially if you are not going to franken the bezel, you want the best you can get. ....If you can get one anywhere near similar to the one wetwork got then you will be singing :D

Thanks a lot both of you!

I still haven't decided. I like doing stuff like that, but at the same time I'm not at home now and I won't be for another three months so I have to borrow equipment like vices and such. Also, I read that some people had problem with installing their crowns. Unscrewing themselves and whatnot. :p

No, no problem with my AT - and it looks awesome with the new brown leather strap! The only thing about it is that I need to be careful when tightening it. It feels like it would be easy to screw it on wrong and ruin it. It's pretty far from the "like butter" feeling people describe when tightening a gen crown. With the crowns at $20 or something like that I figured I could give it a go if I was going to put a new crown on the PO as well.

No new QC pics as of yet... They are probably turning Shenzhen upside down trying to find a perfect bezel for me ;)