When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In Need Of Advice For Safe Payment Methods

the collector

Ok i have three various options:

1. Escrow

2. International Postal Money Order

3 Sending a Cheque

What do you guys think i should do out of these three options

Either #2 or #3, since those are the payment methods you agreed to when you bid on the auction.

Do not look like fraud to me.

There is a whole lot of volume sellers on EBay that do not accept Paypal due to the high fees - particularly for lower priced items.

I sold a watch recently at $120. Paypal fee $5. If my situation was running a low margin business I probably would try to avoid this fee. Or - as some do - put a bit extra to the price to cover for fees.

Anyway, as far as I read the Ebay rules you will be covered for up to $200 by Ebay in case of bogus. Check out http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment.html#3

If fraud your risk seems to be around $250. Lots of money, but also lots less than $450.

Do not look like fraud to me.

There is a whole lot of volume sellers on EBay that do not accept Paypal due to the high fees - particularly for lower priced items.

I sold a watch recently at $120. Paypal fee $5. If my situation was running a low margin business I probably would try to avoid this fee. Or - as some do - put a bit extra to the price to cover for fees.

Anyway, as far as I read the Ebay rules you will be covered for up to $200 by Ebay in case of bogus. Check out http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/payment.html#3

If fraud your risk seems to be around $250. Lots of money, but also lots less than $450.

True true..... I am waiting for the seller to respond to my mail about payment methods... If he agrees then i will pay with escrow or postal money order, if not then i will just send the money via WU and hope for the best..... :bangin:

Collector,

I also just bot a watch from a foreign seller who does not accept ebay. He had been around for several years, but only 12 transactions. I think that because he did not accept paypal, the bidding was pretty light for his watch, which I picked up at maybe a 25%-30% discount to what they usually go for. I asked him to write his name and date on a note and take a pic of the watch with the note, which he did quickly and without hassle. I was also able to track him down and verify his address using a foreign online phone directory. Finally, I used google satellite map to verify that his address wasn't a parking lot. I sent a postal money order, which can be traced. Now it is a matter of waiting and seeing if i got scammed or not.

Good luck on your purchase.

• 2 months later...