When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

whar do you all think of sea god (new watch brand that pretty much appeared out of nowhere late last year)

tyrantblade

The designs, I like, but they more or less seem like all they do is steal Rolex designs, and even the cheaper ones will be somewhere around 2000-3000 pounds (according to a blog) , and their more expensive ones will be a lot more than that. I'm wondering if they will even make it, especially being that they want a lot for their watches, especially considering how they Just seem to have Just appeared out of nowhere late last year. They have a website (though idk what it is, nor can I read it as its in what I believe is Italian) and a Facebook if you wanna have a look at their designs. http://m.facebook.com/pages/Sea-God/111962928839555?id=111962928839555&_rdr#!/photo.php?fbid=264712953564551&id=111962928839555&set=a.264712913564555.57067.111962928839555&__user=100001130566395 one of their designs on their Facebook.

Edited by tyrantblade

Not saying anything about the above company, don't know anything about them, but plenty of boutique brands just appear out of nowhere and claim some long lost classic heritage to appeal to people who can't think for themselves, bankers and soccer players....people will buy anything, just look at Hublot and Panerai....I think I'll start a watch company! :D

Not saying anything about the above company, don't know anything about them, but plenty of boutique brands just appear out of nowhere and claim some long lost classic heritage to appeal to people who can't think for themselves, bankers and soccer players....people will buy anything, just look at Hublot and Panerai....I think I'll start a watch company! :D

I'm almost completely sure sea god is a 100% new company rather than one claiming a lost heritage (like invicta for example) and it seems a bit risky to Just start with very expensive watches, rather than to build up to them and have more expensive timpieces after they've been out for a while.

I'm almost completely sure sea god is a 100% new company rather than one claiming a lost heritage (like invicta for example) and it seems a bit risky to Just start with very expensive watches, rather than to build up to them and have more expensive timpieces after they've been out for a while.

Yeah, was just messing with ya about panerai etc, I do get you, it's gonna be tough going, but with all the price hikes with the main brands, it may well be a good time to offer something different at a slightly lower price. It has worked for the likes of Kobold and a few others, yes they are around a few years but not that long, Chronoswiss aswell, I think!