When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

omega 42mm 5 gen or UPO 45mm?help....

Guest galimanas

Guest galimanas

i am new member here and i need help from older members.so i am in love with omega planet ocean and i cant spent 3000euro to buy.so i go for replica!3 questions

a)i must go for 42mm size or 45mm size?its so big 45mm?i have normal wrist..

b)42mm 5 gen or UPO 45mm?two dealers that i ask they told me that they dont sell 42mm 5 gen because quality is not good-crown problem.so its true ?or its happen to some 42mm 5 gen models?

c)i found 42mm 5 gen and UPO 45MM asia eta both)(some dealers sell this 70-100$ down.its same quality that sell other dealers that have this 70-100$up?

thanks all members for anwers.....

Edited by galimanas

A.) Only you can decide the size, what size is your wrist, and even then it's hard to tell what would suit you. I usually say under 7" go with the 42mm but theres no hard and fast rule.

B.) B) I don't believe that, that dealers don't stock due to dodgy crown, yes the 42mm can be known to have a weakish crown screw down and may strip, but same with the 45mm, maybe a little less so. But it has to be taken into context...the 42mm is a vastly more popular size and seller than the 45mm. Hence more stripped 42mms. No dealer would deny themselves a sale when most don't, I'd say those particular dealers either don't have it in stock or can't get it from the source.

C.) The price difference is between swiss eta and eta asian clone, go with the asian clone of the swiss eta at cheaper price....no difference.

Edited by cougar1

Guest galimanas

just one my friends--

i find the same watch omega 42mm 5 gen in 2 dealers 220$ total (asia eta)

and perfect clones 318$ with shipping-- asia eta

why?100$ is important money.

galimanas, you're to listening, man. Help us to help you. Post the links to Trevor's listing and to Josh's listing, so we can tell you what's the differense, if there actually is a difference. If you think that "in another forum sale many of this omega 42mm 5gen asia eta and has great quality", by all means get it from Trevor.

Reading the dealer's reviews also help.

http://www.rwg.cc/forum/262-trevor-time/

http://www.rwg.cc/forum/112-reviews-jos-nanajoshua/

Edited by Adeodatus

You're wellcome, I guess... In any case, the cartel (aka Josh, Trusty etc) are known for higher pricing, but I must admit that the service and delivery is impeccable, buying from amazon would be more difficult... If you find a cheaper watch and the dealer is on TD list and has a good record, by all means buy from him.

Again as other thread:

Galimanas:

You are making it more complicated than it is:

It's like this:

Joshs site:

PO 42mm SWISS ETA 2824-2 = $318

PO 42mm ASIAN ETA 2824-2(Swiss clone) = $268

Po 42mm ASIAN 21j (DG4183)(Miyota clone) = $138

Now, nothing mysterious about Trevors prices....just cheaper. That's it!