When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's a more gen like Panerai?

51NGH

the 312 is a close rep but the movement lets it down. Have a look at Andrews site with the Pams listed on his homepage being the "Ultimate releases". The 351 also has the same case and design but with gold hands and graphite case and worth looking at if the movement doesn't bother you.

If you are looking for a 50's case, you should also consider the 253 or the 212. The only problem with these is the use of mineral glass instead of sapphire. It's pretty difficult to notice though.

BTW I've got a 253 up for sale in the UK at the moment.

• Like 1

the 312 is a close rep but the movement lets it down. Have a look at Andrews site with the Pams listed on his homepage being the "Ultimate releases". The 351 also has the same case and design but with gold hands and graphite case and worth looking at if the movement doesn't bother you.

If you are looking for a 50's case, you should also consider the 253 or the 212. The only problem with these is the use of mineral glass instead of sapphire. It's pretty difficult to notice though.

BTW I've got a 253 up for sale in the UK at the moment.

Thanks Mills - Very useful! So the 312's issue the movement - other than it not looking like a Panerai movement (and I don't think I have found any automatic Panerai that does?), are there any major concerns with it?

I have a PAM111 and would now prefer the 50s case - it just looks very smart!!

Panerai are moving over to their inhouse movement but quite a few watches still have the ETA 7750 (automatic) in them and the asian copy is very close. I've got a 288 and a 253 both of which have a similar movement to the gen. You can find out what the gen watches have in this very handy spreadsheet.

I think the 50s case is far more impressive than the luminor, very striking and sits slightly higher on the wrist for more presence.