When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob 127 does impress...

projectologist

I've been collecting some Noob 127 pics from various forums and there have been some really nice ones recently. They've been gathering in my gen Fiddy folder, so I thought I'd post a mix of both Noob and gen. Noob rendered movement ain't too bad as can be seen in pics of both.

Note... only 4 of the 11 pics are the gen smile1.gif

I'm not posting a challenge to find which are which (the 4 gen pics are obvious of course), but wanted to show just how good the new 127 really is. Little flaws abound and luckily some are fixable. I'd have no hesitation putting this one on my wrist straight out of the box.

127c5.jpg

127b7.jpg

127c3.jpg

127a4.jpg

127b1.jpg

127c1.jpg

127b4.jpg

127c2.jpg

127a5.jpg

127b8.jpg

127c4.jpg

It measures up really well. The main issue with the new one is how much the tip of the lever stick out away from the case, look at pics 1 and 2 to compare.

In the Gen the part of the lever that meets the CG is pretty much almost touching the case 1/4mm away from the case, while the rep is close to 2mm away which is huge. Look how it sticks out away from the case.

Your EL although does not have an accurate shape of the lever's tip, it is sitting nicely against the case.

I'd like to note that Panerai has been messing around with that design quite a bit throughout the years and you'll notice some historic models have levers much closer to the case then the others. But that was never the case with 127.

Your other 2 pieces look really nice.

here is my EL 127, how does it measure up to the noob ?

1950_6.jpg

1950_177_201a.jpg

Edited by lfovco

I must confess that I would have guessed 3 was gen and 2 was rep as far as the crystal goes.

All of the gen pics are of Brobert's Fiddy (owner of RG)

It measures up really well. The main issue with the new one is how much the tip of the lever stick out away from the case, look at pics 1 and 2 to compare.

In the Gen the part of the lever that meets the CG is pretty much almost touching the case 1/4mm away from the case, while the rep is close to 2mm away which is huge. Look how it sticks out away from the case.

Your EL although does not have an accurate shape of the lever's tip, it is sitting nicely against the case.

Funny you bring that up. The other day I took another member babola's wristshot of his Noob Fiddy and PS'd in what I hope the CG lever will look like when I replace it with my modded EL lever.

fidlever01a.jpg

The fiddys are Not from noob Or h Factory ;)

Its a different Factory the One who made 312 etc

Ok if that's true then why does Josh's page have it listed as " PAM127 E N-Maker " and why does Andrew claim the same thing? Is there a conspiracy in our midst? I thought we banned Grassy Knoll Replicas and put them out of business! I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting to the bottom of this!