When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rep friendly watch smith UK london

Mr Z

HI all

Just thought id post a thread about rep friendly watch smith ,and the experience ive had so far, from day one meeting up with tomexton who is a rwi rwg homage and wrist check forum member that is offering this service working with watch-smith , has been

very accommodating to all my request with excellent communication ,day to day update on the progress on my watch and very reasonable priced !!

The watch was giving in for poor power reserve and time keeping and waterproofed

Sec@12 ap i was give the good and bad news .. the watch was in a bad way

I was offered 2 option after the work was carried out full service and power re-severe testing

take it back as it was at reduced price .

or a new moment serviced and regulated so ive opted for the later

so will post update when i receive it back

If anyone else is interested getting there watch serviced and repair work carried out please contact

tomexton@yahoo.co.uk who also is rwi rwg homage forum member

Edited by zorrolondon

Hi Rav

How you been ?...Its a Ap sec@12 rg rubber clad that i bought from another member !! was keeping poor time and stop while i was wearing it ,so off it went to the watch smith , not taking any chances so getting a new movement put in !!

Mr Z

• 1 month later...

sorry for the late report back on the rep friendly watch smith

id like to report had the watch back in a1 condition and running perfectly im very happy with the service and communication which was almost daily and also opted for the water proofing as well .. from my experience i would be using the watch smith with all my watch from now on as its less risk sending it over sea and losing the watch plus its been a real fast turn around !!oh the watch i had serviced was ap sec@12 and its running perfectly .. now !! im very happy with the service

Hi, Im looking at buying my first rep sometime soon and have been looking for advice on this forum about recomended sellers, servicing etc. I have read that if you really like a rep you have recieved and plan on keeping it, it would be a good idea to get it properly serviced.

Im looking at a few different reps all with Asia 7750's and am looking for someone who can be trusted to service them properly.

Its nice to see people commending Tom on the work he's doing ( well done mate) but i would like to know if any body can recomend someone in the North (Sheffield preferably).

Thanks in advance for any info.

Cheers, Dan.

I used to live in Leeds and there was a guy in the Corn Exchange there that was happy to look at reps. I didn't really test him with anything major, just a couple of crystal swaps and speed changes but he was quick and cheap. Talking four years ago now though so not sure if he's still there...

S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This guy still around??

Have you tried emailing him mate? or searching him on those forums?

If you have and no joy then try UKWatchservices....Alex has a section on RWI for UK watch work.... (He is up the A13...)