When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Twg & Ttk Noobmariner

alligoat

Last week someone posted a shot fo the TWG noobmariner w/ the asian 21j with the serial number: F520117

A little light bulb went off in my head, or a brain cell backfired... anyway, I wrote it down and today I removed the bracelet on my TTK noobmariner and lo and behold, the SN was F520117!

It would be interesting if someone w/ the ETA subs from Paul, TWG and EL were to check the SN's. Are they the same and are they all coming out of the same factory?

It would be interesting if someone w/ the ETA subs from Paul, TWG and EL were to check the SN's. Are they the same and are they all coming out of the same factory?

Replicas are made from parts. The cases undoubtedly come from the same fab, but the rest is unknown.

The Noobmariner case was originally made for the 16610 LV and was used in the MBW LVs. If you look between your lugs, you may even see the 16610LV text. :D

The other end of mine says Orig Rolex Design, 16610T. As I recall that was the same as the TWG 16610.

I don't know what the T stands for, I would assume that a 16610 LV would have that (16610LV) between the lugs. Of course, being a rep, who says the engraving's going to be correct.

I agree that we'll never know for sure, but the similarities between the two watches, like bezel inserts, cases, etc, would lead you to surmise that they were put together in the same factory.

I've had these cases available to me since July 2004......I introduced the very first LV's with these cases....they were and are the same as used on MBW LV's....I had the cases and assembled them with the fat hand ..with the same bracelet and bezel / dial combo....I offered them as Asian or with ETA installed....a number of members bought them at that time.....then words were exchanged between 2x parties and the supply dried up.....I re-negotiated and obtained all the new versions.....with added features such as the serial numbers etc .....new bezel pearl.....and new Asian movement......!

Can't and won't comment on anyone else's version.....all I'll say is that I do hand pick all my stock....regardless of make and model...that's why it sometimes takes a little longer with me.....however these are still the best value for money that you can get at present....cosnidering how many I've sold.....I've had very few returns......in fact it's about 0.03% of all sales....either 16610 or 16610LV.....very reliable.

Edited by TTK

Regarding the MBW case.... I do think it should be pointed out that "Mr. MBW" does source watches from more than one factory. Take, for example, Tribal's 16610 "1A" vs. "1B". It is the "1A" that comes from the vintage factory (the holy grail of Rolex reps), while the "1B" is produced elsewhere. And this Noobmariner case is clearly akin to the "1B" line, as opposed to the vintage factory MBWs which are *really* what we assume to be the subject matter when making reference to a MBW.

FWIW