When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Gen Pam

premiumdesigners

:brow::brow::brow:

Something is not quite right in the state of Denmark methinks....

It is quite alright... :whistling:

FC KOBENHAVN 1 - 0 MANCHESTER UNITED

:o

:Jumpy:

:victory:

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by Chronus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was that NYC comment?
No offence intended, just that having worked there off and on (the NY-LON posting) for a couple of years, I think I'm qualified in saying there is a certain 'look at me' mentality in that you need to constantly reaffirm and advertise to everyone what you have in your bank account/driveway/wrist. NYC is all about the perception of success, more than anywhere else I know. A generalisation perhaps, as there are those types elsewhere but still it's behaviour that is looked down upon by more reserved and circumspect (you say 'snooty' :lol:) Europeans, us Brits included.

Just remember we are the horological center of the universe.
Remind me, what does the 'G' in 'GMT' stand for? And where's that then? :bleh:

NYC does have its benefits. :)
Indeed it does. regardless of my thoughts above, I still love the place, the energy etc, but more so now it's all play and no work when I'm there. Same with London these days. Edited by docblackrock

This board continues to amaze me. Everyone goes nutty when a members posts a new purchases of a rep watch then someone posts about a gen they buy and everyone scoffs at it.

:bangin:

I'm amazed you've missed the point entirely :blink:

It's not the 'what' it's the 'how', if that makes sense. There's been plenty of other postings of gen PAMs here, recall DarthSimon and his 8-days Radi, and Quarks maybe, just off the top of my head. There was also back in the good old day Euno's amazing pics and even further back the legend that was Saabin. Not forgetting our Italian friend Tangoflio. All those posts were presented as one watch enthusiast to another, no posturing or statements about paying over the odds (a very strange thing to say regardless). I'm sure there's many here who don't post pics of gens they own, I know I don't unless there's some relevance. Vintage pieces are an exception I feel but still (I'm thinking of Randy's gold Omega 'crystal press' :D ). Even on the purist boards, I doubt even the Paneristi freaks would welcome the tone used here, it's just about having a little bit of class.

That is why r11co and I are giving him a bit of a hard time, that's all. No big deal.

Edited by docblackrock

This board continues to amaze me. Everyone goes nutty when a members posts a new purchases of a rep watch then someone posts about a gen they buy and everyone scoffs at it.

Right....

Well, usually a post about a new rep purchase is accompanied by some impressive photography or a comment on how good a representation of the genuine article the rep is, and appreciation of these facts is what this forum is all about.

Or, to put it another way, think of the number of watches, rep and gen, purchased day-in day-out by members here that never get posted about.

What we have here is someone willy-waving, and inadvertently showing off their ass at the same time...

oh people, get over it already

Never! The trouble for me is I'm still not sure if you were telling you paid more for it than you should because you are a loadsamoney show off, or if you genuinely are naive enough to believe that paying a premium did you some sort of favour. Either way you look stupid, regardless of the watch. If you had kept that bit to yourself you might have been able to retain some respect.

As long as there are suckers like you there are ADs with smug grins and attitude who think everyone who walks in the door is a salivating mug with their wallet and their [censored] waiting to be raped.

Bend over next time you are in and let them finish the job, please.

As long as there are suckers like you there are ADs with smug grins and attitude who think everyone who walks in the door is a salivating mug with their wallet and their [censored] waiting to be raped.

Bend over next time you are in and let them finish the job, please.

:lol: shades of Neil in one of his good moods :lol: maybe the '[censored]' thing was what he paid that extra premium for? :unsure::blink::lol:

To the partisan noobs who are defending the man, I'm afraid you won't last long here if you don't get what this place is all about - IT'S A COMMUNITY TO SHARE INFORMATION not a place for "willy-waving" as my learned Scottish pal pointed out. Remember what they say about a fool and their money....

Anyhow, here's a new tack - I am over in NYC next month - would love to know which AD gave you such a special deal. Do tell. I'm betting it wasn't Torneau on Fifth :brow:

:lol: shades of Neil in one of his good moods :lol:

I learned from the best :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Oh, and I'm still waiting for an explanation for the overpaying, PremiumPayer. Did they tell you you had to? Was it a voluntary Christmas bonus for the salesperson? Do you have an explanation, or are we supposed to accept it was a reasonable thing to do considering the authorised dealer will lose their ditributorship over it if they try it with someone with a bit more guts than yourself.

:g:

PS. I'm wondering if this is the moment to tell you that the one Panerai stockist in Glasgow is discounting the whole range at the moment.....