When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My First Gen Pam

premiumdesigners

I'm amazed you've missed the point entirely :blink:

It's not the 'what' it's the 'how', if that makes sense. There's been plenty of other postings of gen PAMs here, recall DarthSimon and his 8-days Radi, and Quarks maybe, just off the top of my head. There was also back in the good old day Euno's amazing pics and even further back the legend that was Saabin. Not forgetting our Italian friend Tangoflio. All those posts were presented as one watch enthusiast to another, no posturing or statements about paying over the odds (a very strange thing to say regardless). I'm sure there's many here who don't post pics of gens they own, I know I don't unless there's some relevance. Vintage pieces are an exception I feel but still (I'm thinking of Randy's gold Omega 'crystal press' :D ). Even on the purist boards, I doubt even the Paneristi freaks would welcome the tone used here, it's just about having a little bit of class.

That is why r11co and I are giving him a bit of a hard time, that's all. No big deal.

I didnt miss that point. I got it. My point was that a lot of people (some watch enthusiast too) would find it naive/a waste of money/getting screwed by the seller/etc by paying more than $40 for a fake watch. If a guy puts $500 down on a replica, its seen as a great project here. But if a guy pays more than retail for a watch that he values, he is a moron? To me, everyone is jumping on him is a result of jealously. but... thats just my opinion.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's his money, let him do whatever he wants with it. Nice watch and enjoy!

1st post and dissing an esrtablished member already - do we allow that sort of thing here or has RWG gone soft as [censored]!!! In fact RWG has become incredibly boring just lately.

Premium I am suprised at you. I would maybe (if I had the money) pay over the odds for a decent PAM like a Pre-A or something - sounds to me like you just jumped at the first one that came your way!! Not even a classic model if you want my honest opinion - sucker!!! Rico - with you all the way baby!!!!

What about all the dopes here who pay a premium to have the first PAM rep on the block. Good lord talk about stupid. Big money little money its all relative.

Yeah, I'm guilty of that :blink: paid quite a premium for the Inge, but it's a beautiful watch :blink:

never in a million years did I think I'd get these type of responses here. Seriously, alot of you need to get a life.

last time I post here

mark - im still workin on that vinty with the cortebert movement, I still need the crystal and lume job if you're not too busy. I'll email you.

the rest of you can kiss my premium ass '[censored]' as you foreign [censored]s say

now ill skip away with my overpriced pam - woohoo!

never in a million years did I think I'd get these type of responses here. Seriously, alot of you need to get a life.

last time I post here

mark - im still workin on that vinty with the cortebert movement, I still need the crystal and lume job if you're not too busy. I'll email you.

the rest of you can kiss my premium ass '[censored]' as you foreign [censored]s say

now ill skip away with my overpriced pam - woohoo!

No problem - and take no notice of these arseholes (me included) - they are only jealous;. We might have to think about having a gen owners section now what with you, V, David, Quarks etc etc and your not allowed to post in the rep section!!!

But if a guy pays more than retail for a watch that he values, he is a moron?

Moron is perhaps too strong a word, I think 'sucker' captures it perfectly :p

Again, you're still not getting it so I'lll speeeeeakkk sloooowwwwlly........this supposed practice of paying more than retail for a stock non-limited edition model (especially one that's no great shakes) not only smacks of stupidity on the part of the buyer, but actually represents gross misconduct on the part of the AD - which is why he should tell us who it was. I suppose I just can't believe any AD worth their salt would act in this way, it's ludicrous.

My local AD who I know quite well once told me he was offered an extra £1000 above retail to bump a 213 Rattrapante in a customer's direction, even though it had been 'put aside' for a regular client prior to launch. He was horrified and told the man in no uncertain terms that was against their policy as a retailer, against their contract as an AD, and against his principles as a gentleman. The man wouldn't take no for answer though. Apparently a subtle nod to the (ex-services) doorman, who opened the door, and a polite 'good day sir' was eventually required...

As much as I disagree with the premium you paid, more so with your AD who actually had the cheek to demand that kind of pricing, I think this thread has gotten out of hand with some of the personal comments made in here - turning into a circus act. I urge you to stay and not let the minority get in your way. There are a great bunch of people here. Enjoy your new timepiece (I honestly think this is an awesome piece having seen it many times) and the reps you have.... life is too damn short to let a bunch of strangers [censored] u off. Enjoy your watches.... enjoy life.

this supposed practice of paying more than retail for a stock non-limited edition model (especially one that's no great shakes) not only smacks of stupidity on the part of the buyer

EVERYONE DOES THAT WITH REPLICAS MADE IN ASIA !!!!!

but actually represents gross misconduct on the part of the AD - which is why he should tell us who it was. I suppose I just can't believe any AD worth their salt would act in this way, it's ludicrous. My local AD who I know quite well once told me he was offered an extra £1000 above retail to bump a 213 Rattrapante in a customer's direction, even though it had been 'put aside' for a regular client prior to launch. He was horrified and told the man in no uncertain terms that was against their policy as a retailer, against their contract as an AD, and against his principles as a gentleman. The man wouldn't take no for answer though. Apparently a subtle nod to the (ex-services) doorman, who opened the door, and a polite 'good day sir' was eventually required...

fair enough.

Lives in New York City but pays over retail for something.....

Buys a genuine watch and trolls for compliments on the REPLICA Watch Group...

Says goodbye with his last post....

PRICELESS

Geez fella, calm the **** down. I was just merely stating the fact that you could have got one for less than retail, as this is a very common model. That's it! Just because I collect genuines, doesn't mean I'll pay extra for the watch. Heck, when I really want a watch, you won't see me step into an AD anymore. I buy online from Timezone and Purists, pay a lot less and get the same watch in the end. It just leaves us savvy shoppers with more money to spend on reps or even another genuine watch.

I mean, the savings are huge. For a watch like the AP Offshore, expect to pay $17,000 from a dealer with discount. You can get one on Timezone that is essentially brand new for $12,000- a $5,000 savings! You could probably have saved $1 or $2K buying elsewhere. I'm not criticising you for your decision, but it just make me cringe that you would waste more money, when it could be used to buy more watches.

Heck, the first dealer I asked for an AP Offshore Barichello wanted to charge me $5,000 US over retail. I told him he could go suck my ****. (literally)

Regardless of price, it is still a nice piece, enjoy it and wear it in good health.

Just my two cents.

(That's it, I'm never mentioning genuine watches on RWG again)

We are all watch lovers..true,... however this is a Replica forum in particular,

as such, you will always find purist among our group who feel that the two don't mix

for various reasons ranging from what they can afford, to a belief that most genuines

are simply an over priced perception.

Kind of like flaunting an actual Picasso at a forgers convention... ;)

So why the surprise ? :whistling:

We are all watch lovers..true,... however this is a Replica forum in particular,

as such, you will always find purist among our group who feel that the two don't mix

for various reasons ranging from what they can afford, to a belief that most genuines

are simply an over priced perception.

Kind of like flaunting an actual Picasso at a forgers convention... ;)

So why the surprise ? :whistling:

...because this is the first time ive heard of this ^^^! :bounce:

Edited by Goochenbrau

In case you haven't noticed....This IS a Replica forum,.. :blink:

So what? Should we stoop to the level of the snotty bastards on genuine forums, that we outcast people with genuines (or in their position, replicas)? That's the only reason why I continue to post here, alas very rarely, I honestly fail to see a problem in collecting both genuines and replicas. If that's the case, then I will say good day.

(That's it, I'm never mentioning genuine watches on RWG again)
Admin, we know you have genuines and appreciate your insight and knowledge regarding them so members can do some comparisons and gain knowledge about a particular brand model. It would be a disservice to stop. But as a most famous "jetmid" thread went it was the presentation at the start on this thread that was only slightly flawed, no price should have been mentioned.

So what? Should we stoop to the level of the snotty bastards on genuine forums, that we outcast people with genuines (or in their position, replicas)? That's the only reason why I continue to post here, alas very rarely, I honestly fail to see a problem in collecting both genuines and replicas. If that's the case, then I will say good day.

Calm down Admin..

Not what I said at all.... I simply said that one should not be surprised

at the range of responses.

I personally don't care what a person purchases and have read every

genuine post without posting any negative replies, though I feel they

are out of place here.

Calm down Admin..

Not what I said at all.... I simply said that one should not be surprised

at the range of responses.

I personally don't care what a person purchases and have read every

genuine post without posting any negative replies, though I feel they

are out of place here.

I'm sorry if you took my post in the wrong way, it was not meant to be in an angry tone, rather a more discussion-like tone.

And by the way, I still disagree. This is a Replica forum, and it is a big mistake to ignore the fact people here still buy genuine watches, but want a place without stuck-up bastards to post on. I just can't see how it is out of place, after all we love watches, don't we?

To me, as a collector who has bought and flipped a lot of genuine timepieces, what you wear means absolute bupkis to me. I don't care if you wear a Timex, a rep Submariner or a genuine Patek Philippe. Sure, it's cool to spot them, but how do they change you as a person? Are you better because of material objects? In my view, no way.

I'm sorry if you took my post in the wrong way, it was not meant to be in an angry tone, rather a more discussion-like tone.

And by the way, I still disagree. This is a Replica forum, and it is a big mistake to ignore the fact people here still buy genuine watches, but want a place without stuck-up bastards to post on. I just can't see how it is out of place, after all we love watches, don't we?

To me, as a collector who has bought and flipped a lot of genuine timepieces, what you wear means absolute bupkis to me. I don't care if you wear a Timex, a rep Submariner or a genuine Patek Philippe. Sure, it's cool to spot them, but how do they change you as a person? Are you better because of material objects? In my view, no way.

Fair enough.. I respect your views....and also your wallet.. ^_^

Mr. Goochenbrau's amazement that we go 'nutty' for post about replicas

in a replica forum, however is beyond me....

Fair enough.. I respect your views....and also your wallet.. ^_^

Mr. Goochenbrau's amazement that we go 'nutty' for post about replicas

in a replica forum, however is beyond me....

I assumed everyone here were fans of watches in general. If everyone is so averse to gens, then why do you agonize over the most minute imperfection? Why do you spend every waking moment concerned that it doesn't look like the gen (which you don't like to begin with)?

I assumed everyone here were fans of watches in general. If everyone is so averse to gens, then why do you agonize over the most minute imperfection? Why do you spend every waking moment concerned that it doesn't look like the gen (which you don't like to begin with)?

'Everyone' here is not adversed to Gens in general,..or otherwise, some, just feel there

are more appropriate places to discuss them, when not within the realms of comparisons

to replicas..

As for your other ...ahh,.. question .. try gps... :whistling:

I agree with Admin - why pay more than you have to?

Hey I'll take the watch back and get it for less and keep the difference... after all, I need the money right now :(

As for the watch, if you can afford it, I'd rather get something like that PAM090 than say the heavily replicated PAM111 but that's just me. Obviously if the PAM111 was the only one I could afford and wanted a PAM badly, who knows?

Enjoy your watch...