When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does the 390 feel Gen? It's a No from me.

paneraiguy

Hi guys, just received my 390 today, overall fit and finish is superb for a watch 99% of the price of the gen, so in my books it's a winner. However being a ex Gen 111 owner for over 6 years, I can tell the difference when it's in my hand, however I could not tell its a rep when on the wrist and I don't think 99 % of people would know off the wrist. So if you haven't gone and got one yet, don't wait, I can put up with the "feel" and keep my $4500 I saved from buying the gen in my bank.

Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

Hahaha... awesome!!!

Yes 390 feels 99% Gen anyway. Anyone willing to spend $6700 or whatever they go for now... it is soooo not worth it. Even if you have that money to turn into watch, better spend it on some awesome Jaeger with in-house movement and keep Panerai reps.

as an ex-owner of gen 000,112,176 and 183 - i must say you must be completly wasted if you get a gen Panerai today ;)

Hahaha... awesome!!!

Yes 390 feels 99% Gen anyway. Anyone willing to spend $6700 or whatever they go for now... it is soooo not worth it. Even if you have that money to turn into watch, better spend it on some awesome Jaeger with in-house movement and keep Panerai reps.

Yep Jaeger for me under $10 000

Sent from SUNRAY MINOR

Love Jaeger's indeed... Miss my EWC, looking to get another or possibly a Diving Chrono... Have a chance to buy a 390 from boutique right now, and i'm kind of hesitant seeing these reps... Have a 005 PVD, 162 and 359 just sold.... These reps are just incredible

I just got my 390... woohoo from H factory! :clap2:

Looks gen ... feels gen ... hard to tell from a distance .... but very disappointing the moment you lift the CG Lever and wind the watch ...kills the excitement. It's a dead rep giveaway. I know the CG can be modded and all.... but a hassle unless you know the skills or someone who can do it.

Just don't let anyone touch your watch .... and I guess you'll be safe ... :inverted:

Will be waiting for the Noob verison to compare.

Lastly ..... it's a good rep to wear .... to the beach ... supermarket ... work ... ... just enjoy it !

Well, it's hit or miss with reps in general. I think that the CG lever looks good when closed, it does not feel good when you move it, not even remotely close to the gen. It will be different from rep to rep. But overall 390 looks really good.

Edited by lfovco

It definitely feels like I got one of "those", I still cannot get over it. Now I'm having this crazy idea about getting another one and have it PVD coated... hmmm :g: :g:

Its not a rep... Its a gen just that we forum members get it at a special "Forum discounted-price"

i ordered mine yesterday and now it has been shipped...i was on a fence, but after reading few reviews, i decided to go for it...as a past owner of gen 24, 29, 104, 183, 127, 312, and 232 i can tell you that this looks pretty good in pictures....the prices that gen PAMs are lately, this is a no-brainer...i'll be ordering a newer version of 127 in the next few weeks as well....