When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 253 Has Arrived

hambone

The mailman delivered today my new 253 from Andrew and a strap from Banda so I am a happy camper. It is funny how small this watch seems after wearing the 47mm 232 for a couple weeks. My wrist is kind of big so it still works. I must say that this is a beautiful watch. I just love it. My watchsmith is a smartass though and when I asked him if he could tell the difference from the gen, he said he could not "if he was looking from an airplane". Oh well what can you expect from someone who wants you to purchase their goods.

I just ordered a python strap from TC, which will make for an exotic look. This is really getting interesting

142209-16700.jpgm TC,

that is a beautiful... beauty you got there! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I love the textured dial! it looks great on your wrist :)

now if they only make the pam 241...

Thanks, I might take a stroll down to the Tourneau store to see what they think.

Thanks, I might take a stroll down to the Tourneau store to see what they think.

Do you really want to know what they'll think? :blink:

I know one thing, they'll be snickering under their breath, and trying to assess whether you're worth wasting their breath and time on...

I wouldn't recommend it, at least with that model, and really... A rep is a rep and rubbing it in the faces of those who make their living from people buying genuine watches is in pretty bad form :thumbdown:

Do you really want to know what they'll think? :blink:

I know one thing, they'll be snickering under their breath, and trying to assess whether you're worth wasting their breath and time on...

I wouldn't recommend it, at least with that model, and really... A rep is a rep and rubbing it in the faces of those who make their living from people buying genuine watches is in pretty bad form :thumbdown:

The man has got a point.

It is kind of like taking your replica 1953 Prosce speedster down to the vintage car dealer who sell the real thing.

They are going to scoff at you...................even if it isn't to your face

I am, also in sales and happen to have friends who work there. I would never waste their time as I don't want anyone wasting mine, but not knowing me and at face value I can see where you are coming from.

It is all in good fun. I think that at this point in time there has become a certain legitimacy to the rep market. Most assuredly, web sites such as this one validate the concept. Having read several posts of people who collect both genuine and replica also confirms my feelings about it. Of course there are those who are going to object no matter what and they are entitled to their opinion, however self serving and narrow their opinions may be. Bottom line is this is a great deal of fun and I don't give a damn what anybody else thinks when it comes to buying, wearing or sharing replica watches. :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...