When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Lens.... New Photo

redwatch

Whoa...did you buy the 17-55? Congrats bro!!!

Haven't bought it yet. Rented it for 5 days to test it out and compare it with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC lens. I gotta say, the Nikon blows the Tamron out of the water!!! The Tamron is soft, distorted (pinched in the middle at f/8), and the contrast is no where near as good as the Nikon. I was hoping that the Tamron would be close, but it just can't touch the Nikon in just about every single aspect!

I just got asked by Curtis Stolas to shoot his new line of watches as well!!! Pretty stoked :tu:

Haven't bought it yet. Rented it for 5 days to test it out and compare it with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 VC lens. I gotta say, the Nikon blows the Tamron out of the water!!! The Tamron is soft, distorted (pinched in the middle at f/ 8), and the contrast is no where near as good as the Nikon. I was hoping that the Tamron would be close, but it just can't touch the Nikon in just about every single aspect!

I just got asked by Curtis Stolas to shoot his new line of watches as well!!! Pretty stoked :tu:

That's amazing!!! Congrats man :drinks:

Very nice Red...I really like that STOLAS.

I have had my eye on this one..It has that UN diver vibe that I really like.

Mike

Yea Stolas is making some nice stuff. His new chrono's are going to be very nice!!! That white dialed Genoa is quite nice too!

Love this shot.

Thanks!

excellent pix, S!

Thanks R!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you're in the market for lenses, check out the samyang 14mm f2.8. it's a manual lens that blows pretty much everything else out of the water, and it's CHEAP! Don't listen to the nikon/canon snobs, take a look at test photos. I'm not sure there is a sharper lens on the planet (at this focal length), and there is virtually no CA. You might want to add it to your arsenal, I just did.

smc

Edited by smc