When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can I please get a diagnosis ?

r8247

So I bought a U-boat from Silix and the second hand is loose !

th_image.jpg

http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx97/RoomForRentMarket/?action=view&current=image.mp4

Sorry about the quality. Shot on my iPhone.

So I emailed Silix, and this is what they recommended I have it fixed locally rather than ship it back as it is a "minor problem".

Problem is I don't know any watch smiths near me, never mind any that fixes replicas.

What do you guys think ?

Sorry about the [censored] poor quality. Keep a close on on the second hand .....

• Like 1

if we knew where you were in the world we would be in a better place to advise of where to get it fixed, if it has a swis movement in it i would say take it to any watch makers (not an AD) and as long as you dont say i doupt they would know with a U Boat any way

Ok thanks guys back it goes.

I'm in Ottawa, Canada.

I'm just curious as to why Silix is so keen on me "getting this problem solved my myself".

It's not like a broke it. I received a watch that was DOA, within a minute of opening the package.

See below:

You can send it back ,but the best way is to find a watchsmith to have a repair as it is a small problem if you stll insist on sendind it back please ship it back to ;

xxxxx xxxxxx

xxxxx xxxxx

xxxxx xxxxx

The reason he's suggesting getting it fixed local is because it will be alot faster for you.

If you ship your watch back it might be a month until you get it back, and then there's the possibility of loss or theft.

I would only ship it back if it was something major that couldn't be recitfied by a local watchmaker.

Sometimes you get lucky and after you buy a watch from a dealer..you get it in a week. Sometimes though you are not as lucky and it takes three weeks. So if your unlucky both ways sending it back, you might be without your watch over a month.

If the only problem is the sec hand being loose (watch can be wind and moves), i agree on sillix's solution.

The money you have to spend on shipping can either:

1) get yourself the needed tools to put it back (i.e screwdrivers, crabstyle caseback opener & hand fitter)

2) spend on a watchsmith to get it fixed (give the members your location so they can recommend!)

You definitely also save a lot of time instead of sending it back.

Edited by ShiroTenshi