When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New member with a question

kemilyon

Hello all,

I just joined and am new to the world of replicas/clones. I have been collecting watches a few years, and am intrigued with the quality of some of what I am seeing. I tried a few searches without luck, so forgive me if this has already been asked. I am aware of a forum favorite dealer (Andrew) but few others. A few days ago I came across www.bestswiss.com and have had many conversations with Tom, who has been very helpful and answers questios immediately. He offers 1:1 clones (primarily the 2011 Rolex models but also around 100 other models of various brands), which he says are indistinguishable on the inside and out and use all the same parts, including 904L stainless on all pieces, etc. However these clones are all $1,250, compared to around $800 for his "Grade 1 replicas". How would these clones compare to the Rolex offerings from Trusty Time?

The watches Andrew or the other cartel members sell are some of the better un-modded watches you can get. For half of what the other site is charging you will get a great watch . You also get the backing of the community if you have a problem with one of the trusted dealers. My .02

this happens from time someone Joins and the very first post is about bestswiss, we all know that they a shitty dealer that all they do is rip people off. so please take your comments about bestswiss somewhere else, these are the kind of topics that get people Banned from the forum, I hope that you are not buying from then

Edited by cib0rgman

Other site is ripping you off

They probably have a bridge to sell you too!

I certainly agree it seems like their prices for what they call "Grade 1" and "Grade 2" appear inflated by a few hundred dollars, although the Grade 1 claims to be 904L stainless which I haven't seen used from other dealers. I requested and received many pics, including internal, of one of their so called "cloned" models, the new Deep Sea. These are the ones described as undetectable from a gen (and also a significant increase in price over a "Grade 1"). I am by no means an expert with Rolex, but the pics are convincing. I would be happy to e-mail these pics to anyone more knowledgeable who wishes to see them.

this happens from time someone Joins and the very first post is about bestswiss, we all know that they a shitty dealer that all they do is rip people off. so please take your comments about bestswiss somewhere else, these are the kind of topics that get people Banned from the forum, I hope that you are buying from then

I have now found old posts regarding bestswiss, your response while hostile was very helpful, so thank you.

Edited by kemilyon

I have now found old posts regarding bestswiss, your response while hostile was very helpful, so thank you.

No harm done. is just that I have seen this before and usually who post those kind of question about bestswiss is always one them trying to promote their sire, if that is not thew case; welcome and Enjoy your stay. there is a lot to learn here. stick with our trusted dealers and you will do fine.

This board has tons of knowledge on the world of reps

I have been involved for 6 years now but still a noob compared to the experts here especially when it comes to Rolex reps

There is no mystery legit source of higher reps that the members here would not be aware of

Stay awhile, do some research and enjoy this great but addictive hobby

I would guess Best Swiss is marketing the actual 304 steel version which appears brighter than 316 as 904 which is consistent with their approach of selling, at best, the same rep, lying about its attributes and then doubling, tripling or even quadrupling the price you can buy from trusted dealers. There is nothing wrong with asking the question as a noob but we never want to hear about them again.