When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Some Random Pic Shots.....

Quarks

Well, Kostas has been pestering me to post some pics on my new straps so here they are... I have others and will get them up soon. For now, I have the croc strap as seen below. Pardon the pics and fingerprints on the watches. Tried to catch some natural light while the sun was up and in a haste (& some luck), I managed to take these pics and the result wasnt that bad. I will try to be more prepared the next time round. I will update more pics with diff. straps and watches along the way.... Enjoy.

Do post some random shots of yours as well.... wrist shots, strap shots, whatever... random stuff. We would like to see them.

Strapmasters Tobacco Croc Strap on 187 - check out the grain - I simply love it and very hard to come across such quality. I have one made by Simona for 44mm PAMs at this moment, vintage dark brown croc; large grain as well. Will arrive in about 3 weeks' time. I think this croc strap gave my 187 a new look, very classy in a way.

142369-16625.jpg

142369-16626.jpg

142369-16627.jpg

142369-16628.jpg

142369-16629.jpg

142369-16630.jpg

142369-16631.jpg

Some teasers of my 112 on XaMAS Tan - looks great on pics, I still prefer the Brick

142369-16632.jpg

142369-16633.jpg

142369-16634.jpg

142369-16635.jpg

142369-16636.jpg

Aaron the straps AND watches are beautiful.. :wub: Once more welcome to the 'BASE' club ;)

Strapmasters crocs are definately the best looking and more expensive crocs out there... Miles better than the OEM aligator straps..

Although I have not decided if I am a croc guy myself (I know I always liked Sharkskins) and I cannot risk it with a 200$+ strap. On the other hand all the croc I had were not that good quality except the 200$ OEM black aligator.. but I found out I don't like aligator.. it doesn't have the big grains crocs have to make it special.

This is a strap I would really loved to check, but at that price I may never do it.

142371-16623.jpg

Kostas, all the strapmasters croc I have seen on the websites looked very ruggered to me and the grain isn't exactly the ones I am looking for. But so far I have only come across a similar one to the one I have on 187 in a boutique and that is it. Never seen it anywhere until 2 weeks ago. The large grain ones are sooo hard to come by so I simply had to take that one up before I kick myself in the nuts again. I was a little anxious as the width is 27mm but I somehow managed to squeeze in the lugs; no probs. Simona has a brilliant large grain. The price is a bit steep... $200++. I have to see how good it is when I receive mine. I need at least a 24mm so I went for it. I simply cant resist this one.

I think croc straps can put a lot of difference in a watch, that is, if u get the right grain and colour. If a large grain beige coloured straps happen to surface, I would not hesitate to reach in my pocket for a pair as I know these straps are the ones I WILL keep for a long time, including the ones I have.

azjgav: Awesome pics!! Some classic ones that I recognise. Keep them comin'!

crown aside, i think this is the first time i've seen an H series dial in High Definition so to speak - I have tried them on, but didn't compare with a loop.

RBJ had told me along time ago that the Gen sandwhich dials were really cut much better.

I have to agree, the numbers and the cutting - look, VERY different, at least to my eye. That is what caught my attention. There is almost a rounded edge to the lip of the cut.

:) thank god from 3 feet away on the wrist you can't see the difference :)

crown aside, i think this is the first time i've seen an H series dial in High Definition so to speak - I have tried them on, but didn't compare with a loop.

RBJ had told me along time ago that the Gen sandwhich dials were really cut much better.

I have to agree, the numbers and the cutting - look, VERY different, at least to my eye. That is what caught my attention. There is almost a rounded edge to the lip of the cut.

:) thank god from 3 feet away on the wrist you can't see the difference :)

What you said its true.. Especially when you have both gen and rep side by side you cannot stop counting the differences :D