When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pusher problem

gplracer

I'm not following what you mean.

On one of my DW's, I removed the movement and then took a small screwdriver and tightened the pusher up from the inside- that brought the cap on the outside down on the post (base) tighter. Or are you going to have to order another pusher from DW? LHOOQ might have mentioned they are $25 each.

Yes, you need to remove the movement & reassemble the pusher.

There are 3 different styles of pushers used in these watches, but this break-down of the basic components should give you an idea of what you are dealing with

ofrei_pusher_assy.jpg

The housing (in red box) screws into the pusher hole in your case. Then, you fit the spring, metal washer & 2 rubber gaskets (in that order) onto the screw piece at the left. That assembly fits through the housing piece & the cap in the lower right corner then screws onto the screw piece. There is also a pusher that has the end cap (the part that came off of your watch) secured by a circlip inside the case. If you have that style of pusher, the circlip is likely floating, loosely, around inside your case. If it got lodged inside the movement, you may need to have the movement overhauled.

In any case, the cap came loose, leaving the inner spring exposed. Hopefully, you still have the metal washer & 2 rubber gaskets, which provide the seal. If not, you can source them through most watch parts sellers, a local watchsmith & some eyeglass stores.