When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 project

Omega

Hi,

I know here are a lot of finished vintage Sub-projects, so there should be a lot of experience out there...:)

I have all gen parts incl. the movement, bracelet, plexy, inlay etc. to complete the wach - except of the case!

So can someone anwer me on two questions:

1. Where is the difference between Phong, Yuki and NDTrading?

2. Why Yuki says the date disc make trouble on 1600 movements? Domi told me there is no difference between 1570 from 1500 Datejust and 1570 on 1600 Datejust models!?

To be honest, on Phongs site the quality of the case on the pic is terrible! The most good looking and clear finished shape is on Yukis case, sorry. Don't know how the engravings are...

Also, if someone has a case set laying around so please let me know. I am very interested in buying it! It's urgent! :p

Thank's in advance.

I have all gen parts incl. the movement, bracelet, plexy, inlay etc. to complete the wach - except of the case!

So can someone anwer me on two questions:

It would help alot to know which Sub you are building?

1. Where is the difference between Phong, Yuki and NDTrading?

The difference is in the details. Each sells good parts & not-so-good parts. But without knowing what you are building, that is all I can tell you.

2. Why Yuki says the date disc make trouble on 1600 movements? Domi told me there is no difference between 1570 from 1500 Datejust and 1570 on 1600 Datejust models!?

This would be best answered by Yuki (he is very helpful).

Thank's for your try, Freddy. But nothing in your post brings me a step forward, sorry.

I thought someone who had all cases thru his hands could help me with the details. We are talking about prices from 500$ up to 1250$ - that is a difference of 750$!!! So what details can make such a gap?

There is a difference between the 1500 and 1600 datejusts, the 1570 from a 1600 has a curved calender plate ( dont know the exact name at the moment) and will not fit a 1680 case.

You have to get a 1570 from a rolex 1500,1,3 it has a flat calender plate.

The 1570 from the 1600 wouldn't fit my yuki case.

post-23685-0-63943300-1330382403.jpg

post-23685-0-75224500-1330382410.jpg

No problem, I contacted Domi. He can modify the ring on a lathe to fit in the yuki case...thanks again, Nick. Your answer was very helpful!

Now I only have to know how the engravings are? I will put my or the birthday of my daughters as serial - so it is not too much relevant. But it would be interesting to know/see it... ;)

Some pics around?

Not sure how you can modify a sloped 16xx calandar ring into a straight 15xx ring on a lathe. You would need to add metal, not shave it off. You can find the rings on ebay sometimes but they are NOT cheap. I suppose you could made another spacer ring with a bevel to fit between the movement and the new case to take up the gap and seat the movement. That might be a solution and maybe thats what Domi is going to do. Get him to send you some pics as hes doing it. Would be interesting to see.

Thanks Dizz.

Hmm, I think the problem is not in the bevel. The heigh should be the same. If you look on some pics on google, you will see the outer diameter of the ring is on the 1500 movement smaller and it has a graduation.

Problem is, the 1600 movement don't fits in the case, cause it's too big/wide...that's what will do Domi. He will thin the ring to correct dimension and make the graduation.