When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC pictures of my 111N - can I borrow your eyes for a moment?

Lovecraft

No expert, but own a 111 and that looks very nice to me. CG and pin sits nice and flush and your movement looks very well adjusted. Don't know if it's the angle, but is there some kind of smudge under the caseback on the crown side?

Hmm, right. Didn't see that. Unless it's permanent I could open it up and fix it myself though. I guess I can try to get the beat error lower as well.

I just received QC pics of my 111N today as well. I can't attach them but i could forward the e-mail with the images imbedded if you want to compare.

Sure, go ahead!

I think it looks good. If there is really a smudge just ask the dealer to wipe away the smudge before sending.

I'll ask them to. Thanks :)

I converted the images and just made a seperate thread, if you want to check it out. However mine is the N-factory, is yours the H?

http://www.rwg.cc/to...n-noob-qc-pics/

Yes it's the H-factory 111N. A lot of people seem to prefer the N-factory version, but all the comparisons I could find that paint the N-factory version in a much better light are the older rep updates. I can't see that much of a difference myself in these, and my usual dealer didn't have the N-factory one so I went with H-factory. I hope I'll be happy anyway and that it's not a huge difference in quality.

As far as I can see your watch looks fine as well - but I'm a complete noob when it comes to Panerai so get a second or third opinion ;)

I'll ask them to. Thanks :)

Yes it's the H-factory 111N. A lot of people seem to prefer the N-factory version, but all the comparisons I could find that paint the N-factory version in a much better light are the older rep updates. I can't see that much of a difference myself in these, and my usual dealer didn't have the N-factory one so I went with H-factory. I hope I'll be happy anyway and that it's not a huge difference in quality.

As far as I can see your watch looks fine as well - but I'm a complete noob when it comes to Panerai so get a second or third opinion ;)

I honestly did not have a strong preference for one over the other...they each have their own unique flaws vs gen, but for being reps I think they are both great watches.

No expert, but own a 111 and that looks very nice to me. CG and pin sits nice and flush and your movement looks very well adjusted. Don't know if it's the angle, but is there some kind of smudge under the caseback on the crown side?

The smudge is probably the clear plastic sticker they put on it to protect it during shipping. The adhesive can bubble and smear at the edge sometimes, especially if someone had peeled it back then pressed it back down.

You can see the edge of the sticker running through the engraving on the case back.

I wouldn't sweat the bench test too much.

Mine showed it ran fast. When I got it, it was slow. It's on a bench. Real wrist time is another story.

Having stated such, it's up to you to determine what your tolerance for acceptance should be. But, I'd take it.

Let us know how it turns out. I'm a nut for accuracy and am happy with my 177 from Andrew.

Edited by GooseRoo