When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case Comparison (etaswiss vs. TC)

omgiv

Please tell me someone else noticed the incorrect crown position...

I think the Sean case is THE way to go for a 16610T build, engravings be damned. For lug holes you could go with the aforementioned sterile option (with some reshaping) or have some holes drilled in a TC case if you soften the edges a little.

Amen Fidhle. I also don't like how thick the side profile is overall. The money for that case can be spent in a gen dial and a movement, or gen dial crystal and bezel, or any combination the builder desires. Too much cash for a little gained. For a little more one can go used gen case. Just my .02 cents

E

• 3 weeks later...

Guys quick question should an early M serial (with no rehaut engraving) or Z serial sub have an AR'ed cyclops? Im just curious

No, in theory the AR'd cyclops didn't show until late in the Z-serial run so it would definitely have rehaut engraving. I think it was still a rare occurrence though...

I may just get an M series an use the V3 bracelet. What is the concensus of the V2 bracelet from TC vs the V3?

V3 is night and day better. DOOOO EEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!

The v3 strap is great. It may be too wide at the SEL for some of the cases like seans case. It is purposefully wide to fit the TC case better. For whatever reason the tc cases (v series, aka wm9 v4) have a wider lug area.....stupid. Anyhow, the v3 clasp I find to be not as nice as the v2 clasp but overally it is nice and the metal is a bit shinier on the v3 strap versus v2. Noticeably better stainless.....

Here is the Phong case, and to tell you the truth id expect better from a 1.5k+ case... lug hole and non lug hole cases are the same. The sides look too smooth, the lugs look like a daytona case.

Makes sense.

Phong specializes in the Daytonas and is very highly regarded when it comes to building them. :)

Great to hear the gen 93250 will fit the sean.

That's gonna be a helluva build brother.

GREAT thread here...thanks to all for sharing.

Edited by correctime

It might fit in some cases, but Sean's case tolerances are tight and I know that the 3135 fits perfectly. Let us know if you get one to fit..

Diameter = 28.5mm

Casing diameter = 28.1mm

Height = 6mm

Diameter = 28.5mm

Casing diameter = 28.1mm

Height = 6.15mm

That's great info.

UPDATE:

Variations are consistant and they prevail....as usual

Sean case M952340.

bezel ring accepted a gen insert but not without the help of the press (same with the TC on my end.)

gen Cal. 3035 movement won't fit this one due to the depth of the rehaut.

...the flared heads on the mvt. locking screws in the 3035 sit close to1mm too high (screwed all the way in) to slide into the case groove.

I didn't take the time to remove the mvt screws as I'm not that comfortable toying with a gen mvt but in this case a 3035 wouldn't be a simple, straight drop in.

It looks to me as though there's enough material above and below to groove to allow a skilled machinist to open the groove up enough to fit the mvt. screws or perhaps make the mvt. screws sit lower before they're backed out to lock the mvt.

The genuine 16800 case back doesn't fit either so I have no idea if it'll be deep enough to clear the rotor.

But I just had to know so I did remove the mvt set screws and it does fit.

And I tried the case back and it seems to clear the rotor too :)

So with either the grove opened up a bit or somehow modding the way to mounting screws work...yes...the 3035 does fir this case.

I've done my best to show the lack of clearance the mounting screws heads have in that groove.

I believe with some work to the mounting screws or groove it would fit just fine.

The stem doesn't seem to be in any kind of bind at all sitting in the case as is.

I hope this helps .

Guys can we confirm that a genuine tube fits the Sean case?? Just got my watch back from assembly and the watch smith told me that the tube wouldnt fit?? I have a feeling that he tried to get it out, couldnt and gave up! Also my bezel wouldnt turn? Anyone else have this problem?

Guys can we confirm that a genuine tube fits the Sean case?? Just got my watch back from assembly and the watch smith told me that the tube wouldnt fit?? I have a feeling that he tried to get it out, couldnt and gave up! Also my bezel wouldnt turn? Anyone else have this problem?

Gen tube should fit but the sean tube should also take a gen crown without any issue.