When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Ingenieur - Photo Review

redwatch

Quite some time ago, FxrAndy posted up a great comparison of the gen vs rep Ingy. (you can find the review here) I remember drooling over those pics and thinking to myself that the Ingy is one beautiful, yet very understated watch. I didn't give it much thought after that. The one major upgrade that must happen to an Ingy is the date wheel. There was a beautiful rep date wheel produced by Lello which is no longer available and rare as hens teeth. Without that DW, the rep is a waste of time (in my opinion).

A few weeks ago, shockingly to my surprise, FxrAndy posted his beautiful Ingy for sale. I just happened to be up at 4am that morning because my dog had woken me up to go to the bathroom. I couldn't get back to sleep so I turned to RWG for some "light" reading. Little did I know that I was about to make the purchase of the century. I came along Andy's FS thread and immediately PM'd him saying I would be happy to take the watch off his hands. :D

A short time later the watch arrived, perfectly packaged and with a "note" stating that "you should be more careful not to drop the watch on the marble floor". Brilliantly stated and clearly for the sake of Mr Customs man. Certainly brought a smile to my face!!

Anyways, it just so happens that I have a new lens in my collection and I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to show off my new Ingy ;)

On to the pics:

21a0911e.jpg

193792fe.jpg

Look at this ridiculous lume!!! This was another selling point for me. One of only two rep Ingy's with the small numerals lumed at the outside edge:

009a6c48.jpg

And of course, the wrist shot:

b744426e.jpg

P.S. for you photogs out there - the new lens is a Nikon 105mm f/2.8 Micro VR

They all came with a crap DW and the lello DW was the only solution.

Red as far as I know there are 3 reps with the rehaut numerals Lumed as Ziggy did one along time ago. Uwe at sweetwatches.de did this one along with one I was working on for a friend.

The mod on the bracelet pins is just a way of finishing what the Chinese started. It is those little things that make the difference to me on a quality watch.

Red I love the photos and I do miss this one but I am happy it has gone to a good home. The gen for me does not have the charm of a modded rep so it will just sit in the safe untill I am gone and maybe by then my daughter will be able to pay for the gun carriage and 12 jet black stallions for my funeral with the proceeds. How she will pay for the 12 foot marble statue of me in the town square I have not idea though. ;)

• Like 1

.......The gen for me does not have the charm of a modded rep so it will just sit in the safe untill I am gone and maybe by then my daughter will be able to pay for the gun carriage and 12 jet black stallions for my funeral with the proceeds. How she will pay for the 12 foot marble statue of me in the town square I have not idea though. ;)

:D, brilliant!

Thanks for the info aswell Andy!

The gen for me does not have the charm of a modded rep so it will just sit in the safe untill I am gone and maybe by then my daughter will be able to pay for the gun carriage and 12 jet black stallions for my funeral with the proceeds. How she will pay for the 12 foot marble statue of me in the town square I have not idea though. ;)

Couldn't agree more Andy. There is such an allure to modded reps. The story behind it is far more interesting than just plopping down a wad of cash for a gen and saying "look at me!! I bought a gen watch for a lot of money!"