When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swapping Bezels, not just inserts

Poisoncigar

I have a Gen SMP Bezel that I want to put on my rep SMP and it's not like what I see as far as other bezels especially like the one on the Bezel for the PO. there is a retaining ring that is separate from the Bezel and a spring that is tucked away in the Bezel itself. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how this works. I hate to take the one off the one I wear to find out, anyone have some words of information for me on this subject, perhaps a diagram? LOL

The retaining ring has some raised points on one side and one raised point on the other side. I'm guessing that point is the one that fits in the hole? Then does the Bezel just click into place over the ring? I'm having a hard time figuring this one out. I've looked at some old threads and pictures but none show it being changed. One on You tube is just crazy, the guy takes it off and snaps it back on. Truly confused.

The retiming ring you refer to is actually the spring with points that fit in the case and spring leafs that make the ratchet with the teeth cut in the inside of the bezel. There should be one other long bent bit of wire that sits inside a grove in the bezel and also a groove in the case and on a gen it is a case of portend a case knife between the bezel and case and popping the whole thing off. On the rep it should be the same but I have had rep bezels that just plane won't come off

Hope this helps

So you think I'm missing the wire? The retaining ring has 3 tabs on one side and one on the other. It's the Gen Bezel, but I have yet to pop off my bezel on my SMP for fear of it all going wrong. Guess I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet and try and get the Rep Bezel off. Maybe I should try getting the insert off first and try just replacing that instead.

Take off the bezel on the rep, at least you will know for sure where you stand.

Is this what you mean by retaining ring the grooved end in the pic fits into the hole in the case with the teeth facing up:

513631d1316001651-smp-1993-looking-bezel-spring-smp225450bezelassemblyfs05.jpg

It just sits below the bezel and the bezel clicks into place over it:

513655d1316003334-smp-1993-looking-bezel-spring-smpbezel05-2.jpg

Am I missing something, don't see what exactly you are refering to by 'missing wire'? It should sit in the bezel, unless its taken out?

513638d1316001979-smp-1993-looking-bezel-spring-smpbezelsprings02-1.jpg