When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

One part for a Daytona build.

Original Scope

Worked on the dial a little today. toned down the markers and crown with a product called liquid rust. I also discolored

the sub dials at the hand hole. I may tone it down a bit as it did not look as noticable until I took a macro shot. I am missing

a few markers but it does not bother me too much as it is vintage but let me know if anyone might have a few spare. More to come.

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1892.jpg

If you can reduce the extent of the 'rust' around each pinion hole (both its width & darkness), it might look reasonable. But I would remove it from the crown (I have never seen a rusted crown (they are usually white gold) unless the entire dial is badly water damaged). After replacing the missing index markers, I would also dab a bit of black fingernail polish (or similar black paint) on them all (black Newman dials have black markers)

RX6241DAYPNSS-01.jpg

rolex_image.2126168.jpg

Ofrei sells the pump pushers also. Just in case.

Also, I know it's not needed, but a bit of GS glue/cement around the crystal base may be a good thing for added water tightness. Not much, just a small trail and wipe the excess.

Ofrei was out of their T21 so now I'm waiting. Looks good man.

@ Freddy, ever seen a real PN dial without the blacked out indices? Just curious.

E