When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think of this LV insert? Opinions pls.. :)

justlounging

Hi all,

I recently stumbled upon this seller on fleabay that was selling aftermarket LV inserts...

I wanted one for my noob sub and heard that the JO/WM inserts were a tad too dark green in their recent batches..

Some of the earlier batches of LV inserts were more 'olive/lime green' whilst later and current batches are darker, perhaps like forest green..

Well i received this in the middle of this week and mounted it up on my noob sub..no issues with fitting..fonts and pearl were pretty decent as well..

my concern is now on the shade of the green.. :rolleyes:

Here are some pics taken this morning on a slightly overcast sky..White balance on my Lumix has been adjusted as well..

Please let me know your thoughts on this.. :)

RE: the pictures are taken at slightly different angles to show the green..

p1050745l.jpg

p1050746y.jpg

p1050747z.jpg

p1050748qx.jpg

These 2 taken with flash

p1050758s.jpg

p1050759o.jpg

And mounted on my noob sub..yes this is lacking the maxi dial and hands.. :p

img1022ml.jpg

img1021j.jpg

On a side note, I will be doing a photo comparison with a gen LV insert next week to see how this insert stacks up.. :D

I think it looks great. You can look at 20 pics of this watch from online seller I know are gen and see at least 10 different shades. On a computer with a digital image its going to be hard to tell if its EXACTLY the same as a gen without a gen in your hand. Again, I think yours looks wonderful.