When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Serial Number needed to order genuine Cartier Santos leather strap?

marblegranite

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this. I called my local Cartier store to order a genuine leather strap for my rep. I told them it was for my father's watch and it needed a new strap. They told me they needed the serial number or my father's name for me to place the order.

Any suggestions (other than ebay) on where I can buy a gen Cartier strap?

Thanks

Thanks. I called a Cartier boutique. I'll call a few authorized dealers tomorrow.

The lady at the Cartier boutique asked me which size Santos it was for. I didn't know whether it is considered small, medium, or large (I'm sure it's not the XL). The TDs website states that the case diameter is 38.5mm X 38.5mm (located here http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_163&products_id=6517)

Looking at the Cartier site, it states that the Medium Santos is 44.2mm X 35.6mm and the Large Santos is 51.1mm X 41.3mm

I'll ask Andrew which size Cartier I need to purchase the strap for.

I was wondering if anyone else experienced this. I called my local Cartier store to order a genuine leather strap for my rep. I told them it was for my father's watch and it needed a new strap. They told me they needed the serial number or my father's name for me to place the order.

Thanks

Have you any idea what they are going to quote you?

Best you sit down before taking that call!

In fact don't bother trying to drum up a serial number...the numbers in the cost of the strap, will be longer than the serial no.!

I tried to buy a coil for a movement, and they wanted $700.00. Finally tracked the coil model, and bought one at $3.80! Some mark up!

Thieves.,

offshore

Thanks

Just use one off a gen on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/...=item20c351f783

This might also help:

:pimp:

Have you any idea what they are going to quote you?

The lady actually gave me a quote $390 to $425 for croc strap. I didn't think it was that bad considering some of the quotes I've seen for high quality croc straps run from $200 to $250.

Just use one off a gen on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/...=item20c351f783

This might also help: http://www.rwg.cc/to...santos-experts/

:pimp:

Thanks! I didn't think of looking on ebay for a serial number. Brilliant! :clap2:

The lady actually gave me a quote $390 to $425 for croc strap. I didn't think it was that bad considering some of the quotes I've seen for high quality croc straps run from $200 to $250.

If you consider paying around $200 more for a strap with "Cartier" printed on the back reasonable, go for it.

You can buy a top quality strap well under $200, in fact I can get you a croc with a "Cartier" stamp AND a "Cartier" buckle, custom made for under $200!

$400 + for a strap is taking "Franken" to the next level methinks.

Offshore

My advice. Go directly to the AD and ask for the strap. They have several in stock. I went to a Cartier shop and said that I was on travel and wanted to buy a new strap. Thay sold me one lezard strap for around 200+ euros. Expansive! But the look of the watch is totally different.