When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The new pam crowns

Pam

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thus that does not function :wounded1:

I deleted all PM´s

...for crowns to order please a PM with the following data

-Name

-Address

-quantity of crowns

-for which models

you get then email with all information

if still questions are write please here and I will answer it then here or PM you

I cannot write thousand times the same :Jumpy:

@Pam

Perhaps you could save a bit of time and post some more details here. For example, the price for one unit and for volume, the types of watch and types of movement they will fit.

Trust me you'll save a pile of time answering pm's.

hmmm 45 degree bevel seems a little too steep. looses the jagged look on the edge. anyone else agree?

I think you might be right... Or it might not be too steep of an angle, but might just be a tad too much bevel.... It sort of gives the illusion that the entire crown is thinner than it actually is. But, then, looking closely at your posted pics, it sure does look like 45 is too steep. 25 to 30 might be about right... Hmmmm.

Edited by chieftang

Did a quick side by side in photoshop...

Gen is on the left...

13820-3794.jpg

I find the discussion good :) but believes me...

you does not see differentiated if you have it in the hand :huh:

perhaps you talk about 0,05-0,1mm which you maybe see in a large photo.

I do not want to persuade :victory: but believes me simply the crown is good :yeah:

I find the discussion good :) but believes me...

you does not see differentiated if you have it in the hand :huh:

perhaps you talk about 0,05-0,1mm which you maybe see in a large photo.

I do not want to persuade :victory: but believes me simply the crown is good :yeah:

I think this discussion is great, and very necessary.

The problem above clearly shows one of the same problems we have with our rep crowns... too much bezel and rough finish between the 'teeth'

If these crowns are going to mimmick the genuine, they must at least have a smaller chamfer on the ends.

The teeth in the 029 photo look very very rough, they need to have more 'shine' to look genuine, the tool marks showing is going to make them look poor quality... and the crown is part of the watch that catches the eye first.

If these crowns are going to mimmick the genuine, they must at least have a smaller chamfer on the ends.

Yea, you're right.

The teeth in the 029 photo look very very rough, they need to have more 'shine' to look genuine, the tool marks showing is going to make them look poor quality... and the crown is part of the watch that catches the eye first.

Good point. My 196 crown is not dull, just too thin. A dull crown inside a polished CG isn't going to look right.... Hrmmmm....