When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega 300M Chrono blue photo shoot

madmex

This is one of the first watches I remember seeing in the 1990s in magazines (the titanium tantalum and rose gold version), and really thinking "wow."

Well the rep is pretty fantastic as we all know. This is the rep out of the box. I got it in 2008 from Ms. King. I think my pearl was chipped and I put a drop of clear UV glue on it--the results speak for themselves. Check out these pics I took, trying to resemble the original ad I saw in the 1990s.

This one has had it's share of mishaps. Of course it has the wrong date disc font. But more tragically it came with the center chronograph seconds post bent at the tip. So the seconds hand is tilted on its axis. You can see it in the pics. Yet, this was purely aesthetic.

I later replaced that post with a spare part Daytona seconds at 6 movement that was dead. And then I replaced the date disc with gen (not pictured here).

Is the new red wording version as good as THIS? Please chime in.

Unfortunately the 2nd wheel on this broke, and the Swiss version does not fit (well it does fit but has the wrong number of teeth). So I need a replacement 7750. :( If I go gen, I have to buy the hands which are pricey and of course the movement.

DSCN0905-1.jpg

DSCN0912.jpg

DSCN0911.jpg

DSCN0910.jpg

DSCN0909.jpg

DSCN0908.jpg

DSCN0907.jpg

DSCN0906.jpg

DSCN0905.jpg

Super watch buddy I had the newer version with red writing but ended upo selling to fund a franken project. It was a really good rep. Like most reps the only real necessary mod would be gen bezel insert to correct pearl, but I must say your pearl looks pretty good, and the length of the chrono hands are better on your version.

Here's my pics and small review. Cheers

Ry

• 1 year later...