When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss vs Asian 2836 ETA ?

xelorrolex

I would rather have a $wisseta in a watch I planned on wearing for a few years.

That being said...I would not pay the extra $70 to $100 for a $wisseta over an asian etaclone when buying a new watch.

Why not?

1...It might not be a $wisseta after all.

2...It might need service anyway.

3...If you have to pay to have a 2824/36 type movement serviced...get a $wisseta serviced.

4...Asian etaclone = hard to find parts.

5...$wisseta = parts everywhere.

What I would do is buy the asian etaclone model and find a genuine $wisseta in a used watch on eBay etc and stick it in the watch (after having it serviced) when the asian etaclone goes south.

What if the asian etaclone keeps on keepin' on and you do not need the $wisseta?

There is always another 'keeper' on the horizion.

My asian etaclone score:

So far, two went south out of five.

#1 'The Winnah!' is still running after three or four years. A friend wears it daily.

#2 'Runner Down!, Runner Up!' went south immediately (winding rotor fell off the bearing). I repaired it and traded it away. Never heard anything so I count it as a runner, not a doa.

#3 'Runner Up!, Runner Down!' ran fine for about two years and quit dead in its tracks. I got the watch back but never fixed it.

#4 'Fell At The Gate!' never kept good time. The hairspring etc looked Ok but the rate was no good. It runs, but that's all.

#5 'Waiting In The Wings' is in a blue dial/bezel modern submariner style watch but it has not been worn. It seems to run Ok.

Fixed one asian etaclone I never owned...a pallet stone fell off the pallet fork. This can happen to any brand.

Don't the Asian 2836 accept gen ETA parts? I know I've sent 2 for repair to Gary (Katt) and they were both Asian 2836 and he replaced the broken gears, jewels, etc, with ETA parts.... They both have run excellent ever since at + 3 to 6 seconds a day respectively. One has been running for almost a year and the other 2 1/2 months so far.

There are NO SWISS ETA movements available to the replica industry!!!!!!!.....The only thing you might get is some tired clunker salvaged from a 20 year old off branded POS.... :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin: :bangin:

• Like 1