When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner Done (for now...)

omgiv

. People say u could of purchased a gen for that price but the beauty is ure not kicking out 4 grand in one shot! Is a lot easier on the wallet when is in small increments.

The only reason one should spend the extra to buy a gen is if they don't want to or can't do all the work themselves. If you're capable and enjoy it, building your own watch is a satisfaction that's hard to match...

• Like 1

Here are some quick shots of the bracelet on the watch and a couple close-up shots of the SEL's. As you can see, there is a slight gap, but it doesn't bother me too much and it isn't as noticeable on the wrist. I am still happier with this case and the movement is keeping great time. It is loosing about 1 second a day. I prefer my watches to gain slightly, so I may regulate it this week. Thanks for looking!!!!

DSC_0001-3.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

The only reason one should spend the extra to buy a gen is if they don't want to or can't do all the work themselves. If you're capable and enjoy it, building your own watch is a satisfaction that's hard to match...

I disagree somewhat, the reason why people spend so much on a gen is due to the resale value and investment value held by a Rolex. I'm afraid Frankens are notoriously hard to sell.

Don't get me wrong I'm a Franken addict but they only make sense when they represent a gen for a fraction of the price.

It looks great though my friend.

I've owned a few gens and never lost money but I can't say the same for my Franken projects! I believe a Franken is an amazing route if your watch is intended as a keeper and resale is not an option and also you save a lot of money (in some cases ;)) all in all though you have an amazing sub! Most of us are trying to get where you are!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas, just a couple of comments. The SEL fit is good but for me is a deal breaker. The TC strap fits better so why not use it ? This is a sweet watch. I think a noobimariner has a higher chance of being WR why ?? well they both have triplock on the crown, and a caseback seal. The TC and gen have 2 potential places to leak in the crystal if not pressed right - the noob has really one and unless the gasket is damaged it is fool proof