When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Removing 5th Gen PO bezel...tips?

danza1812

Yes, I used a watch knife and inserted it at 9, I think, and then carefully pushed it down to 6. You will see that there's one point where it's easier to lift it - insert the knife there. It was very easy really.

There's always bezel removers as well, but they are ridiculously expensive.

Yeah the knife method works, but is precarious and some bezels are a little more snug than others making it a bit awkward. It's easier on some bezels like the smp or the sub than the PO. I agree with lc, proper bezel tools are hideously expensive but there is one semi cheap kind on cousinsuk or ebay (cousinsuk code: R31399) its the a&f swiss one @ 17 quid. You might find it cheaper on ebay. It's a hand tightened bezel remover and not the greatest either but it does work with a little solid hand force and a pull, if you go this method make sure to turn the bezel remover anticlockwise (like normal) and pull up removing the bezel, otherwise turning it clockwise will break the click spring tabs underneath. It is handier than a knife but not as good a method as a proper bezel remover i.e. might take a few goes but wont scratch watch.