When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bentley 6.75 - Big Date not working!

mad_man_may

Hi Guys

The date function on my Breitling Bentley 6.75 has stopped working. I cannot change the date via the crown or by the time going past 12. Is there anything I can do besides a movement change? I guess it would be a difficult fix because of the complications.

Any help would be much appreciated as I've only worn it about three times.

Is it worth much selling it in need of repair? The watch basically new.

It's probably fixable.. but with no easy parts supply and dodgy build quality it's hard to know.

I love the fact that the factories are replicating some of the more complex models, but I'm still very hesitant about these complications.. the reliability isn't especially good.

from what I know, dual DWs are a hit or miss proposition

It is too easy for the gears to level out instead of staying firm & moving forward, thereby causing the big date complication to malfunction

You turning the crown counter-clockwise to move the DWs forward right ? If so, it better be around 6 am/pm

Thanks for all your replies. All really helpful. I own quite a few reps and this it the first one to go wrong so I haven't been too unlucky over the past 6-7 years.

I did take it to my rep friendly watchsmith and was told that he would not bother looking at it because he cannot get parts for the movement. Does anyone know of a watchsmith or forum member on the UK that could look at it?

Alternatively I may just sell it as the watch is in perfect condition apart from the date function. What would it be worth in it's current condition?

If anyone is interested let me know