When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam127 Stuck in Customs :(

ricdiggle

If you look at the QC example pics on Perfect Clones, you'll see my 127.

Seemingly, this is only way I'll get to see it too as it's now been in customs for over 3 weeks.

Am I likely to ever see the watch or should I write it off now and try to get on with the rest of my life in a fog of hum drum 44mm only misery?

A very sad first post from me.

Richard

Where are you located ? I know I have had things stuck in customs coming into Canada for upwards of three weeks ... I just had one there for a week ... Almost two , it wasn't held for screening just not processed ... For some reasons some entry points of the canadian customs are very very busy. My item was accepted at customs on the 6th of this month and only cleared on the 19th .

If your tracking states it is being reviewed by customs then it may still just be in processing ..

If it were an issue it would have another mesg. I've been there and lost a few items over the years ..

Hang In there I'm sure it will clear .. The dealers useually wrap the watch head well and customs will not open that .. They are only aloud to open suspicious items ( ie: weapons , possible illegal drugs ....) useualy with watches if they open the packages they will look quickly and that's it .. If its wrapped well they won't go any further than opening the box becUse they are not aloud to remove any protective covering without permission or suspicion .. I only know this because a good friend of mine works with customs and I like to know as much of the ins and outs as possible ..

Long post yes but I hope this helps a little ... This goes for items going into the united states as well .. US customs used to put their customs agents in the same condo bld. I have a place in Trinidad and I've had conversations with a few of those guys on occasion as well.

Cheers

CP

Should have said - I'm in the uk.

If I call and ask, what exactly do you say. I suppose more importantly, what don't I say?

Many thanks for the replies, I'll hang on in there. Joshua is being great about it too and I'm sure he'll sort it out if needs be.

Richard

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Just phone them and ask when will they realise your parcel! Say that you are waiting for it now for 3weeks. They havent opend it that for sure (then you would have hurd about it) so just phone and ask. If they ask what it is just say somthing for your birthday that your friend in china sent you and as it is a suprice you dont know what it is!!!

I wouldn't phone personally...

In my experiences an official "lost parcel tracing" can get stuck things out of being forgotten.

If they keep it for any other reason than it may just have slipped behind something it may not a good idea to show that you are awaiting it.

Dee

Call customs, and tell them that your friend who you met in the UK sent you a gift and you were wondering why it took so long.

If they ask what the gift is, you don't know. Simple solution and no harm done.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Call customs, and tell them that your friend who you met in the UK sent you a gift and you were wondering why it took so long.

If they ask what the gift is, you don't know. Simple solution and no harm done.

Yeah, tryed to tell him this a few post up. Wonder what he has done.