When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer 16570 : gen or rep ?

Rolexaddict

C'est un véritable carnet Titouan Lamazou !

Same style watercolour, but not T.Lamazou

When I was flying and living in Tahiti, the back grandfather of a friend was Jacques Boullaire, a painter best friend of Paul Gauguin, this is a Jacques Boullaire drawings notebook :)

More J.Boullaire drawings tomorrow, I have originals charcoal sketches

CHS version rep.

Bezel slope is wrong as is the cyclop and DW font,

:) All Rolex bezel slopes are vrong, I must admit that lot of modded reps and frankens are nicer than gens,

But this watch is a genuine, I have it at home for some services and a cristal replacement, thats right, the cristal is not original, but the watch is a genuine,

001syx.jpg

002skp.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing Brother.

The crystal would indeed account for the DW appearance...the font looks off to me but the cyclop must be the cause of that.

Bezel slopes are wrong on gens??

Which ones??

I have a gen F series Exp.II, a gen 16570 bezel (off a D series) on a BK Noob Exp.II and a Noob Exp.II bezel and they seem to have the exact same slope.

Actually, the only difference I see in them is the paint used for the engraving fill...the gen filling the engraving to come flush with the bezel :)

BUT...the gen F series needs a mvt.....and yours will fit just fine. THAT'S a beauty of a mvt. there :)

Edited by correctime