When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So what does an OP fanboy w/OCD do on a rainy day in SoCal?

projectologist

I get a little crazy fine-tuning because I can't bear the thought of having a finished project smile1.gif

First up, I was finishing up another Pre-V CG and decided I wanted the CG screws to have more of a satin/fine-brushed finish like I saw in a gen pic. Also wanted the head profile to sit a little deeper with the top of the straight side flush with the hole in the CG body (the front part that is visible when the CG lever is pulled back open). Plus the O.D. had to be turned down too to fit the CG.

Chucked up and almost done with the reshape...

screws03.jpg

Slot deepened a little more and cleaned up...

screws02.jpg

You can see the difference in profiles here...

screws01.jpg

Next decided to finish modding an HF CG with sharper inner corners and a flatter slightly recessed lever pin. Xtal passed the water droplets test smile1.gif ...

rain01.jpg

I've been around reps and gen watches for a long time now, and I've seen a lot of craziness over the years, but this is the first time I've EVER seen a guy who actually gives a $hit enough about how his crown guard screw heads look to set up tools to change them..!!!

GET HELP !!!!!!! :bangin: :bangin:

I've been around reps and gen watches for a long time now, and I've seen a lot of craziness over the years, but this is the first time I've EVER seen a guy who actually gives a $hit enough about how his crown guard screw heads look to set up tools to change them..!!!

GET HELP !!!!!!! :bangin: :bangin:

RWG is my support group :)

The screws were nothing compared to the set up that finished the CG body in the first pic to how it looks in the second pic (screws are for this one)...

Before...

cg004.jpg

After...

cgcbb.jpg