When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshua has lost my business forever

gasebah

Starting a PP conflict won't do you any good. Their customer protection service is only good for 45 days and only if you used eBay.

'm sure you can raise a PP dispute even if you did not buy on Ebay.

tried to send you a PM - but system wont let me. copy paste from Col (trailboss)

RIP Robert

It is with great sorrow that I inform you of the passing of my good friend and forum dealer Robert.

Robert passed away in the hospital for problems related to his heart.

He was a grumpy outspoken man,the kind of man you either love or hate but he was genuine and a kind hearted friend always ready to help.

I will talk to you as an administrator of RWI.

Robert hHad no family in Thailand,only a local girlfriend and a man that was working for him as his assistant of sort and who theoretically was left in charge but from what I gather did nothing. We have no idea at the moment what will happen with his business.

We will attempt to look into it but I can and will not promise anything at this point.

For this reason I also ask you to refrain from sending pm's regarding this matter, I'm too upset right now. I won't answer them and neither will any of the staff. We will keep you all informed of any and all progress.

This is of cause out of our control and we will do out best to sort it out. Alex Nembo from RepGeek is on site in BKK and we will try to work with him if possible to do what we can but he does not work for Robert and can only do what he can do. That may not be much.

I'm sure you all join with me in mourning someone I regarded as a good mate as well as a great dealer. Robert was planning on visiting me here in Oz next year to work on a project with me and I will miss him him badly.

RIP Robert.

This one is closed, please offer your condolences in the thread here: http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=91828

THE family of a 56-year-old father who died of a suspected heart attack in Thailand have paid tribute to “one of Ynysybwl’s most colourful characters”.

Robert “Bobby” James, who was born and bred in Thompson Villas, Ynysybwl, will forever be remembered by his siblings and mother as a “loveable rogue” who turned his small watch stall on Pontypridd Market into a global business.

The father-of-three, known affectionately as “Bobby Watches” by many, lived in Greece before moving to Thailand four years ago to start an internet business.

Sister Tracey Evans described her older brother as “one of a kind” - a modern-day Del Boy figure who was larger than life.

She said: “He idolised his mother. Whenever he would come back to Ynysybwl he would come over, and all we could hear between the pair was laughter.

“He was a free spirit who lived life on the edge. He would take a chance on anything and had the guts and courage to do what he wanted.

“Sometimes he would work 18-hour days with his internet business, and he built up customers all over the world.

“One day he would be a millionaire and others he wouldn’t have a penny to his name. That’s how he lived his life.

“It’s a horrendous time for the family. We try to pretend he’s still here just to cope.”

Robert first began his working life as a car salesman with his father, but enjoyed the Pontypridd Market atmosphere through watching his grandmother Louisa James (nee Parker) – a local legend in the trade.

Many remember Robert with his briefcase full of watches in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

One of the village’s fondest memories of Robert was in his teens pulling up to Mill Street School in his father’s Jaguar.

“He would always buy Christmas presents on Boxing Day,” Tracey added.

“We would all sit in the living room as we looked at all the boxes with ‘sale’ stickers plastered all over them.

“He idolised us all, but he loved to make a quick buck.

“A few decades ago, he was selling shell suits in the ’Bwl. The whole village seemed to be wearing the same clothes.”

Robert’s cousin, Gary Owen, found a Methodist church in Thailand where they held a service before cremation.

But his family in Ynysybwl are hoping to hold their own ceremony in 2012 and bring back his ashes.

His mother, Annie James, said: “He knew everything about watches, and he must have started driving at 10 years old. I can still see that lop-sided grin he used to have to stop himself from laughing.”

His friend Clayton Jones said: “Bobby truly was one of the village’s great characters – always with a cigarette in one hand and something to sell in the other.

“All those I have spoken to recall his easy come, easy go approach to life and his knowledge of geography from his travels far and wide.

“We send his mother, three sisters and family our thoughts and condolences at this sad time.”

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/so...#ixzz1hwmTP0mx

From Robert's sister:

Quote:

Dear All

As one of Robert's three sisters, I am writing on behalf of all the family,to thank you all for your condolences, it means a great deal to us to read all you have written about Robert.

Unfortunately, this post will not be as Robert would of written it - there was and only ever will be one Robert.

As you can imagine we are all heartbroken and still in shock, really hard to believe. This shocking news has hit us for six especially as we did not know he was in hospital, he would never of told us this.

Robert has three sons, two in Wales and one in Athens.

Only one consulation, he passed away quickly without suffering, this is how he would of chosen to go, Robert could not of lived life with pain & suffering he would of not wanted this. He would not of wanted to live if he could not of lived as he always has, living life to the full and as he wanted and working many hours a day.

Our cousin Gary who lives in Thailand and who knows, the law, customs and language was able to sort out everything better than we could of hoped and prayed for, we cannot thank him enough for all he did.

We are sorting out bringing Robert back to Wales where he would want to be and all his family and friends can attend a service we will arrange as he would of wanted.

Reading through all the posts we can see that most of you thought the world of Robert, he was as most of you mentioned. For the odd few who did not like Robert at all - you missed out not knowing him as the person he was.

Robert was a very intelligent man who was passionate about watches & cars - there was nothing he did not know about both, however he could hold a conversation on just about any subject. He lived life to the full and as he wanted and he loved working and earning money.

Unfortunately Robert did not have patience with some people, he could not tolerate stupid questions and could not hide this fact, so many of you experienced his lack of tolerance with his replies, on the other hand most of you experienced his knowledge.

Robert lived a well travelled life and met thousands of people from all walks of life and we all know that all of you will have a tale to remember him by. He was sharp, witty and extremely amusing.

As a family we know nothing about the running of Robert's business and even if we did, none of us would be capable to carry on where Robert left off. We heard he had an employee - who must deserve a medal as big as a frying pan to of had Robert as a boss, he was a hard boss and expected everyone he employed to be able to work as he could, which is quite impossible, so we can only say his employee must be a special person, I say this with a smile on my face just thinking about working for him !!!!

We thank you all for your condolences, they mean a great deal to us, we really appreciate that you wrote them.

Special thanks to a gentleman from Australia who went to great lengths to contact our family in Wales with his condolences, he successfully managed to speak to my sister Tracey yesterday.

Happy New Year to you all from Robert's devoted, heartbroken family in Wales.

Wow,my dad died last week of the same thing. 1 year older than Rob. Something brought me here i guess,its been a while. I cant access the forums he was a dealer at but this news has saddened me,the guy was outspoken,just like my dad. I liked Rob alot. Some history of good and bad times with him,but i always respected the way he was. Guess im late here on this,shocked at the coincidence with my father most. RIP Robert. :(

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Wow,my dad died last week of the same thing. 1 year older than Rob. Something brought me here i guess,its been a while. I cant access the forums he was a dealer at but this news has saddened me,the guy was outspoken,just like my dad. I liked Rob alot. Some history of good and bad times with him,but i always respected the way he was. Guess im late here on this,shocked at the coincidence with my father most. RIP Robert. :(

Im sorry to hear this about your dad dave. 57 is not a age!!! My mom whent to the other side just 54 years old :( god takes the good ones faster! Guess he has a better mission for them.

Sorry I could not cope with this thread earlier. This morning I received from Joshua a tracking no. from the bulgaria post. The package was sent out on the 28th, not on the 11th and not on the 22nd as I was already promised but it seems like this will finally come to a positive conclusion after 10 weeks. However with the experience I have made I will not believe anything until I finally will hold the package in my hands. Also this will not alter my decision to not buy from Joshua anymore.

Sorry I am very busy currrently as I am leaving for Japan in two days so I cannot directly address all the questions and remarks made in this thread by you fine people, but I want to thank everybody (well almost) for their support and interest in my case.

-Alex

Really sorry to hear about your dad, condolences to you and your family

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bring this to a correct finish:

More than 13 weeks after my initial order I finally got my watch. However the Bulgarian obviously had decided to keep a rubber B strap for himself that was also part of the delivery. Joshua agreed to replace the strap and send it via airmail.The whole thing was one of the worst business transactions in my life but I also have to admit that I finally received all the goods as promised.

-Alex