When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage SeaDweller Double Red

chris9

Good morning all, help! :snorkel:

Who makes the best Vintage Double Red sea dweller?

I have looked at all the TD sites and like a couple on Josh's. One with a swiss movement one with asian. I have emailed him with a few questions.

Anyway, I am looking for the most accurate rep as it is time to step up the quality of my collection and who better to ask than the colective wisdom of the RWG!

Thanks in advance.

Chris

it's $198, with Swiss 2846. That's pretty good.

If you do not want to make a franken/modded Sea Dweller, then PureTime is a good choice, and he claims to have 7 good dial versions including the Double Red you want.

I have to ask, tho ... do you really want the 2x Red dial? Can you pull off a very very expensive watch like that? Maybe go with a Great White dial instead for a lower profile .. unless you are sure you're never going to bump into someone who would know it's a $30,000 watch.

Good point Jkay, however the 2x Red is lovely.......Friends know I collect reps, even my mate who has a genuine Rolex Sub enjoys checking out my latest toys.

Joshua from Perfect Clones, he is about $20 dearer, but his QC photos are much more accurate. PureTime had wrong dial option in their QC photo, not great for the confidence. Andrew from Trusty has a few worth consideration too.

Franken/modded not my thing at the moment. I am sure it will come though as i get more into this hobby. It does become a bit of an obssesion!!

More research has been done, PureTime Vintage Double Red Dial 6 looks closest to gen, even if the double red lines are white! Apparently this happened to the gen V1 dial, faded to light pink or completely to white. CG's not flash though, but acceptable. PureTime's Double Red Prototype is another good option. CG's look better, however font details not as good as dial 6..... Now I get the Franken/modding thing!