When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long the longest wait?

lhooq

I ordered one of the new PAM127s from Perfect Clones back on February 21, for delivery in the first week of March. That delivery date was missed, as Joshua said that there were insufficient stocks. He mentioned that factories would be providing new pieces to the dealers on March 10. That date came and went, and I received no QC pics, let alone any update. I did get an EMS tracking number, though Joshua confirmed that nothing had been sent.

My final email from Perfect Clones is dated March 24. I asked for an estimate on when the 127 might be available. "No idea sir..." Well, honesty's always appreciated.

So here's my question: Has anyone had similar experiences waiting for a particularly hot rep? All of my past orders have taken no more than 2 weeks to process, and I would usually have a set of QC shots within 1 week. Granted, there's been all that news about the raids in China, but how long is too long? Am I being an impatient noob who can't even wait a measly two months for an order to be processed?

How long would you wait if you would want a Tudor MC...at best it comes up every half a year or so))) if you want a hot car you also wait half a year...

I had to wait 2 moths before i got sick and cancelled my order buying laptop from AD which was confirmed to be available at the day of sale.

I would say 2 months is reasonable... any longer and you have the right for the money back)))

This why I never do preorders anymore. I got in on 2 different preorders over on WUS with a couple of different boutique makers. These guys have no real idea of when they will get their watches from the factory because they have to make so many changes with each prototype thay receive. Typical of the horror stories we've heard from BK here about trying to get his custom parts made. He even sent them EXACT blueprints and instead the factory went by what the original specs were. No changes were made and they had to start all over again.....

I wait until it's released, if I miss it the first batch, oh well I'll get it the next time. But I have no money tied up and I'm not constantly wondering when it will arrive. It's just one less thing for me to worry about.

It´s the same here I ordered a 127 and a 217 through Connie King on 1st of March, all she told me is that they don´t have the watch in stock and are waiting for the factories.

Althoug it´s a lot of money I´m willing to wait a little longer before I ask for a refund of the money.

But I´m worried if the second batch of watches will be of the same qualitiy as the first :g:.

Drolson

I pre-ordered an Olivier bronze dive watch (a new boutique start up) watch last December, put $200 down.

Been following posts by the owner on a gen watch forum, he says deliveries will begin in May, but in the back of my mind I'm wondering if there will be many delays.

Getting a bit nervous about this.

Folks who put down first phase deposits with MKII for the "kingston" waited around 3 years from the time their deposits were made to the delivery of the watch. total 3 years. I got in late and to the third phase of ordering. I had to pay in full up front back in July of 2010, my watch will probably be deliverd sometimes between May and October of this year. At least with this we are dealing with a respectable watch company, here in the USA, I paid in full for a SeaDweller from WM9 . this was around 3 years ago, still no watch, no hopes for one. my 375.00 USD is long gone.