When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem With v3 case and Taka crystal

quaresma7

Hi guys! i have a franken project with a base 3717ss.http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/pilot-chrono-3717-ss

When Taka is in business i bought his crystal with AR, but now my watchmaker tell me that taka crystal don't fit in my v3 case...:confused:. I will try contact with vaccum but, have i more options?! Do you know if it's posible put gen crystal on this rep case!?

Please help me!:undecided:

• 3 weeks later...

How strange. I've had Taka crystals fitted on three different v3 cases with great results and without any complaints from the watchmakers.

From my experience, changing to a thinner or thicker gasket may help to solve the problem sometimes. But I'm not sure it applies to your case.

Thanks for our help guys ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Taka crystal in my V3 before I got my V1 and put it in there. No problems with either case. I did it myself so it wasn't a big deal.

I don't know about your rep crystal but there was a huge difference with mine between the clarity of the crystal itself even with the purple AR removed. The stock rep crystal was dirty looking and the Taka is crystal clear in comparison and makes the white markers on the dial look much better. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that you shouldn't take your rep crystal and spend big bucks on AR treatment if it's not a clean and clear crystal.

It's a beautiful watch and enjoy! I wish the movement in mine hadn't given out. It's just been sitting idle for a while now. :(

I have a taka crystal in a V3 aswell, no issues. Also, Colour aside I find that Taka AR is many orders of magnitude better looking than even gen IWC AR, it really makes the watch dial pop, gen IWC AR has a lot more reflections.

Either way taka crystal should go in fine, check the gaskets.