When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Date Wheels

gavidoc

Hey Guys,

Who would be a good person to talk to about a custom date disc for a Rolex?

I want to do a silver date wheel for my Gen 16800. Only problem is that the date wheel's are impossible to find in silver for a 3035 movement.

I have a gen 3035 date disc that I was going to remove the paint from.

Silver date wheels for the 16800 are definitely an endangered species.

But the older ones in white are also becoming rare. The new replacements from Rolex have a smaller font and look like crap- I had one in my 16800 which was serviced by Rolex around 1998/9. Luckily I was able to find a NOS DW for $90 and was able to get back on track with it. But my watchmaker had to send the other DW back to Rolex.

So before you go to taking off the paint on the your gen DW, maybe you could find a replacement DW to use as a guinea pig. Seems like wholesaleoutlet makes a replacement part for the 3035 movt. Or you could post a WTB on VRM. Since DWs are a wear item, it would be worthwhile to save your old one, just in case.

Like Red said, jmb is the person to talk to, good luck.

Silver date wheels for the 16800 are definitely an endangered species.

But the older ones in white are also becoming rare. The new replacements from Rolex have a smaller font and look like crap- I had one in my 16800 which was serviced by Rolex around 1998/9. Luckily I was able to find a NOS DW for $90 and was able to get back on track with it. But my watchmaker had to send the other DW back to Rolex.

So before you go to taking off the paint on the your gen DW, maybe you could find a replacement DW to use as a guinea pig. Seems like wholesaleoutlet makes a replacement part for the 3035 movt. Or you could post a WTB on VRM. Since DWs are a wear item, it would be worthwhile to save your old one, just in case.

Like Red said, jmb is the person to talk to, good luck.

Thanks. I'll contact JMB. I will use a 2nd date disc for the project and not touch my open 6 and 9 date disc even though it's white.

Just want that silver. Will be the perfect completion for the trifecta. My 1680 and my 9411 both have the silver date discs.

Saw a 3035 movement on VRM that sold a few weeks ago. Had a silver date disc but the movement was $1300. Not going to pay that for a date disc.

$1300 is not a bad price for a 3035 if it's running well.

I agree. Only thing is I don't need a movement and not interested in tying $1300 up in a movement for a date disc and hope I can eventually sell it for what I bought it at. Ya know?