When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How accurate is PAM 005 from josh?

naeems

What don't you like about CG on the 390? I know it is not perfect but as long as the lever is tight and also locks tightly against the crown which mine does, nothing really bothers me about it. Even factoring the cost of service that is also much less then you'd spend on servicing gen, which I had done on the movement, this is i an excellent piece that makes spending money on a ridiculously!!!! overpriced!!!! gen probably one of the silliest things anyone could do.

Edited by lfovco

I dont like the inner walls of the CG. Not sharp at all. The lever pin could be more flushed as well. If someone looks at the watch it is noticable. And i hate that, since the watch is great in all other matters. If the 390 had a better CG it would be perfect.

Dont get me wrong. I sent my 390 to the zigmeister after two days to get it serviced, i knew this would be a keeper. Its a great watch. But if you want perfection.. get a better CG..

And to the OP. as i understand it Hmaker has this CG "issue" on most models (005). So it all depends how important this flaw is for YOU. The CG is the only reason i would get a n00b, since i hear they should be better. But then again i hear that Hmaker has better AR... and thats also a deal breaker..

As some say.. Buy both H and N and combine the best parts ;)

P3260640.jpg

I dont like the inner walls of the CG. Not sharp at all. The lever pin could be more flushed as well. If someone looks at the watch it is noticable. And i hate that, since the watch is great in all other matters. If the 390 had a better CG it would be perfect.

Dont get me wrong. I sent my 390 to the zigmeister after two days to get it serviced, i knew this would be a keeper. Its a great watch. But if you want perfection.. get a better CG..

And to the OP. as i understand it Hmaker has this CG "issue" on most models (005). So it all depends how important this flaw is for YOU. The CG is the only reason i would get a n00b, since i hear they should be better. But then again i hear that Hmaker has better AR... and thats also a deal breaker..

As some say.. Buy both H and N and combine the best parts ;)

Both the inner CG body corners and pin are relatively easy mod fixes as I've described previously in several threads...

The same goes for the HF 005's CG. Besides, the HF sausage dials are the best of the 2 factories.

390ccc-1.jpg

390mm.jpg

390nn.jpg

yes to mod the inner walls are pretty easy. As long as you have the proper tools/skills to do it. But the OP is asking for OTB, not after modded. Me? i have modded my CG from Hmaker to make it "good enough". Im still not happy with it though. Anyway. No point to continue this. As i said before, To be happy get a N AND a H and merge the best parts of both. If not... well who knows.. i say N to this one.

Modded CG Hmaker:

P4070734crop.jpg

P4070721.JPG

• Like 1

Both the inner CG body corners and pin are relatively easy mod fixes as I've described previously in several threads...

The same goes for the HF 005's CG. Besides, the HF sausage dials are the best of the 2 factories.

Btw, i love the work you have made on your CG. Its awsome.

Just trying to save the OP'er some $$$ required for extra parts. For OOTB 000/005's from the HF win hands-down as their sausage dials are much better. Getting the dial right is key as it can't be modded, but the CG can. So HF for these models is the best to start with.

I agree on that one. Dial is more important than CG. But why do you say H dial is better? Lume?

Btw, if you would like to sort out my CG inner walls i would be happy to send you my CG. You seem to be handeling a file better than me ;)

yes to mod the inner walls are pretty easy. As long as you have the proper tools/skills to do it. But the OP is asking for OTB, not after modded. Me? i have modded my CG from Hmaker to make it "good enough". Im still not happy with it though. Anyway. No point to continue this. As i said before, To be happy get a N AND a H and merge the best parts of both. If not... well who knows.. i say N to this one.

Modded CG Hmaker:

P4070734crop.jpg

P4070721.JPG

These pictures. Your watch. Lead me to this world of REP watches! I love the PAM's. I just made my first purchase last week for a 390 and HOPE it looks as good as it does in your pictures.