When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spot the gen..

chrgod

Yes, that is correct. There has never been a good replica of the previous Aquatimer, so I had to get the gen. B)

When new, in 2006, it was about the same price as a Submariner. On the current seconds hand market, it is about 1500 USD cheaper.. I assume it is partly due to the IWC-movement being based on ETA 2892. Still, I find the modern style of the Aquatimer more interesting then the Sub. I like the two-crown style, the flatter case and the fact that IWC is a less known brand.

The Ingenieur on the comparison picture has a well-worn Chieftang AR, while the Mark XVI has a brand new AR-coating by Domi.

post-666-0-71874800-1334352870.jpg

post-666-0-09968400-1334352880.jpg

Is that Green AR on the Mk XVI???

is he using normal optitions AR like on eye glasses? i would be interesting how that holds up over tiime

I recon the XVI has a colorless AR. I am a noob when it comes to AR, but this tint of this coating reminds me of the one on the most recent "colorless" Panerais. The reflections seems to be even less. I like it.

"The two-crown style is a winner. I would imagine you like the LONGINES "compressor" as well?"

Yes, the Longines Compressor is a nice piece, buty I would have missed the date. For IWC, it is the Vintage Aquatimer, which carry on the two-crown style for IWC. :)

post-666-0-43484100-1334435910.jpg