When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

suggestions for a full list of mods that can be done to a dssd

alifizan

Well right off the bat Pbdad can do paint mod to make the letters on your insert more white and bold. He can mod your pearl and matte finish your dial as per gen. Also the bracelet can be rebrushed for a more gen like appearance. WR procedures can be done so you can safely swim. I am sure I am forgetting a few things but he's great!

sweet jesus. no offense but the "white paint mod" is a complete piece of shit.

why would anyone paint platinum numerals white and think that it's a good thing.

I'm sorry but this has been a sore point with me for years now. please stop painting your platinum colored insert white, folks.

Also the DSSD is correct in both gloss and matte dials. there was a change in production in the second year. changing a gloss dial to matte is the same as throwing your money down a rat hole. OM NOM NOM rats love to eat money.

Guys I just got an email from pbdad, bloody hell the guy is pricey, here's the list that he includes in the package

-relume including stripping the old lume-pearl mod-paint mods to insert and ringlock text on rehaut-satin dial varnish-single AR-seal hev-bracelet buff and rebrush to gen spec-pressure testing to 5atm-BK datewheel overlay for non BK dssds$420 as a package. You save 10% Yes, I have a new ultimate insert that has nicely centered 10 and thick font. Cost is $50 extra.

Now I fully agree with jkay about the colour of the fonts, I'm gonna ask pb what couloir he uses and if it's white I'll politely ask him if he'll do a more gen like colour, hopefully he won't take offence lol, again this guy is expensive, I'm wondering should I just ask him what watches he has for sale with all these mods

a friendly word of advice - wear and enjoy the watch as it is - sooner or later there will be a new / better version of this watch out.

then the money you spent to make the watch 1% more accurate is thrown out of the window.

the are a lot of "modders" and "watchsmiths" at these boards the offer all kind of mods and services - read a lot - make you own decision if this is really necessary ;)

i would send my watch only out if something is broken :)

cheers,

Frank

Thanks star,I know I've thought about that, do you know something or have you heard anything on the grape vine about a new dssd, you know when I look at my dssd I've started picking out all the faults and every time I look at it now I feel dissatisfied, this feeling is getting worse by the minute lol, I've made this list in my head of what I want modded on the watch,I never thought I'd get to this,I look at my insert and I notice the fonts don't perfect,I look at the CG's and I wanna start grinding them down,I look at the finish and fell sick lol

Thanks star,I know I've thought about that, do you know something or have you heard anything on the grape vine about a new dssd, you know when I look at my dssd I've started picking out all the faults and every time I look at it now I feel dissatisfied, this feeling is getting worse by the minute lol, I've made this list in my head of what I want modded on the watch,I never thought I'd get to this,I look at my insert and I notice the fonts don't perfect,I look at the CG's and I wanna start grinding them down,I look at the finish and fell sick lol

with all due respect if that's how you are feeling now i/m thinking you would never be happy in this game....

.your going to throw money at this watch and at the end of the day you have a expensive rep that you dont really love and you probally will never see a return on what you paid if you decide to sell it.

I know the mods that I want doing to the watch only then will I be happy, and as for selling, I'm never selling this baby lol, I'm committed to her forever lol, and plus I don't think I'll be buying another rep for a while so I'm just gonna spend a little at a time on this watch, improve it slowly.

sweet jesus. no offense but the "white paint mod" is a complete piece of [censored].

why would anyone paint platinum numerals white and think that it's a good thing.

I'm sorry but this has been a sore point with me for years now. please stop painting your platinum colored insert white, folks.

Also the DSSD is correct in both gloss and matte dials. there was a change in production in the second year. changing a gloss dial to matte is the same as throwing your money down a rat hole. OM NOM NOM rats love to eat money.

+1

Wouldn't it be better off just to spend your money on a BK DSSD? I think it is already pretty accurate in most aspects, or am I wrong that the so called "ultimate" version is even better?!

BK does not have his own DSSD. It's the same watch as the Ultimate DSSD. He adds his special date wheel overlay to a stock noob factory ultimate dssd.