When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

sillex-prime watches

archierocks

just had a right good going over his site has some great prices now i know in reps you get what you pay for but im really tempted to order 6 of his cheap watches $100 or under .

and do some reviews as anyone ordered before he even has some decent looking fake torbies lol

My experiences with Silix a few years back were not good: Poor QC, ie items sent out which were missing screws etc, and a missing jubilee bracelet is still probably floating around the world somewhere... But, I recently saw the budget 1665 on offer, and am going to let bygones be bygones to pull the trigger on one when funds allow :pardon:

[Edit to add] The only reason I'm prepared to do so, is because I haven't seen a 1665 at under $100 anywhere else...

When I built my Phase I GMT, Silix was the only dealer that offered a Rolex rep (CG-less, Cartier Sub) whose case could be modified for my purposes. However, they are a good example of the old axiom of 'you get what you pay for' as their out-of-the-box Rolex reps tend to be fairly inaccurate. My only complaint was that they were extremely slow in shipping (or responding to my once/monthly inquiries) the 2 watches I got from them (each took nearly 3 months to arrive :fool: ).

i purchased a bunch of watches from them for my first ever rep buy....for the price i can't complain at all

got a pvd submariner, a white daytona, a breitling navi, a breitling bentley, and a tag carerra 36

anything that is off is hard to notice, and wouldn't be caught if i didn't mention it

i like silix so much so i just ordered 4 more for myself and 2 for friends...

that's my .02

Nice people, but just about EVERY single one of their cheaper, 21j auto watches I bought had enough issues where they were basically useless.

Their cheaper, "economy" line is just a little better than "Canal Street" quality.

You have to ask yourself, are you really saving money if it goes in the trash can in 3 months?

If you're going to buy a really cheap replica, my advice is to buy one with a Quartz movement. Even REALLY bad replicas I've bought over the years with Quartz movements are still ticking even after a decade.

Unless it's supposed to be a Rolex, hardly anyone will know the difference anyway.

Also, I've had better luck with WatchEden for cheaper replicas.

I bought a couple of watches from silix. I've posted my review on the silix reviews area. Overall a good experience but like everyone says, you get what you pay for. Stay away from the really cheap watches, the "specials" are not even worth the $30 bucks unless you just want to play around with it and take it apart. But like I said, overall a good experience. Michelle is really nice and she responded to my emails fairly quickly. Postage was pretty quick too.

They are great as beaters and "victims" to practice modding on. I was always more at ease practicing on a $30 watch opposed to a $300 watch!