When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex DSSD Bezel Came off

takumee

hi all,

i just sold a dssd to a forum member.

i have wrapped and paid special attention to the crystal and ensure the watch is positioned in such a way that there is no way the crystal will get hit for some shipping mishandling.

im glad the watch arrives at safe hands but however, i was informed the whole bezel came off with all the small parts that came with it.

the new owner has tried to fix it back but the bezel wouldnt hold it there.

did we miss anything?

please guide us.

thanks....

Should just be a push fit to get it back on, but also you may need to remove the insert and ease the retaining spring into position, hard to see from your photo but is the click piston that sits in the hole at 7 missing, i think i can just see the spring but not the piston

exactly. this is the first time I have ever heard of a DSSD bezel coming off in three years. The insert comes off, sure ... the solvent in Cape Cod cloth will remove the insert glue. But the entire bezel? Never heard of it before.

hi,

as you have noticed, once you have raised this bezel issue, i have posted in the forum for advise as shown in the blow link:

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/146028-rolex-dssd-bezel-came-off/

most have said seldom have experience or rather no such issues before,

it would be good if you could take a photo showing the bezel came off beofre the full packaging remove.

now you deemed as spoil is not very fair to me.

please advise.

One of my friend applied the floss mod on bezel to make it tight and now after 3 months the bezel has jammed and rotates both ways , whats the reason for it guys and does he have to replace the bezel

There is a thin metal spring under the bezel. That spring causes the bezel to only turn in one direction. The dental floss has jammed the spring.

I'm the buyer of the DSSD in question, here is what happened; The watch arrived, and I can confirm it was carefully packaged. When I took the watch out of the packaging the bezel fell of immediately, I lost the the "click piston" but luckily I found it later so I have it, but its not in the picture. I took the picture immediately after receiving the watch, the red tape you see around the bracelet in the picture was used by takumee to tape the spare links to the bracelet. As you can see in this picture, the sping in the bezel is not attached to the bezel, is this normal or could this be the problem?

IMG_1293.jpg