When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What I got in the mail!

My Audemars Piguet V3 Diver (Swiss Sellita Movement)

e59025a4.jpg

ec0b2ed6.jpg

This watch is definitely well made. Very hefty, and accurately advertise per puretime website.

The lume is really good, the AR on the crystal is flawless and the double AR in the cyclops made it almost the real deal. I love it,

I contacted my friend who has the GEN and I wanted to see side by side comparison because this is by far the best REP I've seen. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks for you time

Edited by Inertiadrifter

Looks GREAT, congrats.. I'm about to order mine, not sure if I should go with swiss movt or not, hrm!

I originally order this with the Asian movement but decided that I will keep this for a long time so I contact angus a month in the wait and change it to the Swiss movement.

I'll wear it for a while and will contact VAC to re-lume and service the movement and I'm set.

Awesome indeed. Lume looks like as the standard rep standard, fair enough.

But with all the other superior built quality of the watch, all other minor picks are no issue at all.

Wear it well, mate, congrat for a great AP you have.

BTW, how long have you ignited the lume(under sunlight?) to give this brightness?

Edited by bertieng

Awesome indeed. Lume looks like as the standard rep standard, fair enough.

But with all the other superior built quality of the watch, all other minor picks are no issue at all.

Wear it well, mate, congrat for a great AP you have.

BTW, how long have you ignited the lume(under sunlight?) to give this brightness?

The first one is 20sec but I had to run to the bedroom closet from my kitchen to take the shot.

The second one is also 20 sec but I did it in the bedroom. The result is brighter.

No weak points other than lume from what I've seen... I missed out on batch 1 and am eagerly awaiting batch 2

Yes. The lume is not that good and it doesn't last long, since I had her for the whole day, the time accuracy is great coming from the factory.

But.

The watch is en route to VAC as we speak for the full treatment and movement service.

Sorry guys, no side by side pics, he sold his for a Daytona!!!

As for the watch, it's en route to VacLume for his lume and movement service.

I'm sure he will post some pics in his forum so watch out.

I'm also looking for a GEN Rubber short strap to put as a MOD.

If anyone knows any info please PM me

en route to Vac for relume????

Just wonder if the gen. really has SL? Any idea? Or it may look funny if the gen. only has the normal lume.

Anyhow, still a great and fantasic watch. 99% spot on really. A gen. strap will bring it to the next level.

• Like 1

<p>

en route to Vac for relume????Just wonder if the gen. really has SL? Any idea? Or it may look funny if the gen. only has the normal lume.Anyhow, still a great and fantasic watch. 99% spot on really. A gen. strap will bring it to the next level.
Good point. Edited by PGWDaddy

The lume is good. The problem is it doesn't last long and if I look closer there is some spots where the application is not even.

And I was servicing the movement so I figure just do both and save some time to re send it later.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I read it somewhere that divers suppose to have bright clear lume, it's "ideal" for diving.

it's an awesome rep. Nonetheless!!!

I just need a GEN short rubber stap and I'm set.

Edited by Inertiadrifter

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely not the best rep out of the box. The V3 has a High beat movement, Gen is low beat. With all the 21js out there they couldn't (or perhaps didn't want to?) find a suitable low beat movement. The Gen is a low beat quick set date with hacking. The Chinese 2813 is a low beat quick set date with hacking. Why they didn't at least let us choose this as an option is beyond me. This is a 44mm watch with a central sweeping seconds hand, it IS noticeable. Moreso than recessed bezel screws and lume applique. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TheBattler

I have been trying for several times to post my big review here but somehow it does not work. It gives some kind of a picture error... Sorry...

FLAWS (guys, you should know that I am a real pain in the *ss nitpicker, most of these flaws can only be seen up close):

• Bezel numbers should be closer to each other, but this can be modded, it's due to the lume.
    • Cyclopse is too blue.
      • Caseback engraving should be deeper + font should be a tiny bit different.
        • Bezel screws should be uniformly recessed.

[*]Strap texture is a tiny tiny tiny bit different from the gen

[*]Buckle is more brushed on the gen

[*]No great lume (they used superluminova though, but with another substance which makes it weak)