When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most Accurate Carrera 1887?

superlative

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I could probably pick out one tell. AR on the GC grand carrera) and 1887 are not gen like. But I haven't owned an 1887. The stock AR is Similar to IWC BP out of box. I have a black GCC17. Thought about having an AR mod. But used the money for a gen gator strap. I could live with the stock AR. I love the watch but for $400, I'd rather get a Noob or H-fact PAM. Hope this helps

I can attest to the problems with the grand carrera, the one I received had terrible CGs; it was so bad that I could not even screw down the crown.

As for the 1887, from what little comparisons I've made to pics of a gen; is that the tachymeter font/printing greatly missed the mark.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Steer clear of the V3 reps, they are not even close. a better bet would be the rep of the V1, problem with that, I don't think they ever made/sold the V1 1887, they were simply the prototype but I think it's a little closer.

I agree, I love this watch too, I am about 4 months away from pulling the trigger on the gen.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This rep is the ver.2 Cal.1887, this was a limited run before the final version was released. This watch is fairly accurate, the sundial bezels are a little thick but otherwise it looks pretty good. The movement in the back of the watch will be wrong, the watch will use a 7750 movement which looks a lot different from the Cal.1887.