When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Elliot Strap Order...

Usil

I ordered 2 straps from Tc Straps (Elliot) on a Sunday special. The price was fair and the straps looked good in the pictures. I received the straps in a short time period and they looked great but I had to pay an extra 35€ for them because of duty. I emailed Elliot and he said that he put 28 USD as the value on the paperwork (UPS international) and I should not have paid more than 5.

Had that been the case, I would have happliy paid and the deal would have been a good one. However, he did not put 28 USD in the value and in fact listed it as 0.00. This was clearly a mistake on his part and for some unknown reason with Duty, I wound up having to pay an extra 35. I feel if he had put 28 USD as the value this would not have happened, thus this is an error on his part for which I had to pay extra.

I tried to open a dialog for negociation on this and expected some form of compensation to offset my trouble. A new strap deal or a buckel or something to smooth over his mistake to keep a customer happy and a repeat buyer. He immediately sent me a reply to send the straps back. This, I felt, hurt him and further inconvenienced me and I thought that there was clearly a better solution for both of us.

So, long story short, I chose not to send the straps back and simply will not do business with Elliot again. Was I expecting too much?

Usil

UPS packages tend to always get done for duty, but mostly its larger items and have to say this is the first I have seen straps get done - mostly its their fee on top to clear the customs payment which is the biggest part. Not much you can do about it now, though I guess if in the future if you get done simply refuse to accept the parcel and have it returned to the sender.

As for Elliot, I guess he did his duty and sent the straps I guess he is not concerned more then that

Edited by exper

If a company uses UPS for their priority shipping services, I would steer clear of them.

Been burnt by too much brokerage fees by UPS and I would rather DHL or FedEx have my money than them.

Death & Taxes - the 2 certainties in life we'll always strive to escape but end up failing.

The governments around the world will squeeze us dry before we fulfill our duty to pay off our inevitable debts laid upon us...

I ordered 2 straps from Tc Straps (Elliot) on a Sunday special. The price was fair and the straps looked good in the pictures. I received the straps in a short time period and they looked great but I had to pay an extra 35€ for them because of duty. I emailed Elliot and he said that he put 28 USD as the value on the paperwork (UPS international) and I should not have paid more than 5.

Had that been the case, I would have happliy paid and the deal would have been a good one. However, he did not put 28 USD in the value and in fact listed it as 0.00. This was clearly a mistake on his part and for some unknown reason with Duty, I wound up having to pay an extra 35. I feel if he had put 28 USD as the value this would not have happened, thus this is an error on his part for which I had to pay extra.

I tried to open a dialog for negociation on this and expected some form of compensation to offset my trouble. A new strap deal or a buckel or something to smooth over his mistake to keep a customer happy and a repeat buyer. He immediately sent me a reply to send the straps back. This, I felt, hurt him and further inconvenienced me and I thought that there was clearly a better solution for both of us.

So, long story short, I chose not to send the straps back and simply will not do business with Elliot again. Was I expecting too much?

Usil

So I guess you won't buy anything else from him? If that's the case he's lost a customer.