When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bizarre shipping from China (not watch related)

GarrettP1

My wife and I are finishing a new house we had built.

I've installed LED lights throughout, principally those unitized, recessed ceiling lights that you see on ebay.

I came up a few lights short, and on Sunday May 20th at 10 pm I ordered four more (about $40 each so you don't mistake this for a large commercial order, with free shipping).

Shipped DHL standard, they showed up on Wednesday May 23. From China.

What's up with that? I don't get stuff from Amazon that fast.

Why do our watches take so long??

- Watches are sent by the dealers, not by the factories.

- High end watches have less margin than you think and so they are expensive enough not to afford to keep stock all of them.

- First step buyer makes the order, dealer sources the watch from the factory, usually it takes one or two working days.

- Depending on your budget you can select a 3 day delivery (FedEx, DHL or similar) 7-10 days delivery EMS, or 20-24 plus day delivery by airmail. Please note that the days of delivery counts since the package was dispatched, and NOT from the day of purchase.

- More delays? Why? Well, just an example as you can imagine instead of one or two days of sourcing the watch it takes 3 or 4 days because of whatever reason, or, often watches arrive damaged from the factory, than dealer repairs it or send it back, that´s another couple of days.

- Well, that´s about it, I hope it was helpful and if you have any questions just ask

I used to have my watches been shipped with DHL. Transit then takes 36 hours. Payment to receiving the watches is about 3 days then.

But it is risky so most dealers don't do it anymore. Trevor still does it, without problems.