When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Out of curiosity... was there ever a 1675 Luminova service dial?

sneed12

Yes!

Not sure if it looks as cool as the 1680 service dial but you can definitely get a 1675 service dial with luminova without the WG hour markers.

It's the 16750 that has the service dial like the 5513.. the not as cool luminova service dials with WG surrounds.

Edited by phillycheez

Thanks!

DSC04979.jpg

Now I want one. Not sure how I'm going to come up with one, but I want to build that watch. I have a slow-beat ETA and a non-adjustable 24 hour wheel just waiting for that build--I was going to build a 1655 but I've owned a couple of them and never held on to one. I think I'm just more into the 1675.

Honestly... You may be able to find the gen with no bracelet for $3,500 or less as service dials usually bring down the value quiet a bit. Fairly affordable... But you can probably get a build done for $1,200 or so. I know zig can lume hands that match Rolex service dials perfectly.

Edited by phillycheez

Oh, I thought you were going gen service dial route.

Not unless I find one for $3-400 :) in which case it'll be an $800 build I guess.

I've got a couple of vintages that PbDad relumed to match what a gen service luminova dial lume would look like and they are stunning. The only issue will be finding a rep dial that just says "Swiss" instead of "Swiss T<25"

I think you've found the answer already, but heres a gen svc dial with luminova im using to build my 1675 as we speak.

Like you I wanted somthing that still had working lume, with out having to relume over whats already there. I would prefer to keep is as is, however, sine I was going for a late 70's 1675 I decided to use the mk5-6 svc dial

dsc0006nu.jpg

dsc0007ukc.jpg

Edited by eVojlib

Sneeds first pic is from at least the second version of the 1675 as it has the enlarged arrow head on the 4th hand, but the all white dial print with only "Swiss" at the bottom didn't appear until the 4th version of the 1675 in the mid 60's. It also doesn't have the full, outer circle around the minute tracks which as far as I can make out only became standard when Rolex went back to a T-25 dial in the late 60's. Those service dials sure seem to have differences to the regular, out of the box dials that came standard from the factory.

Good luck with your build Sneed.